Best pedal for biting blues driver type tone?

ramjet2007

No doubt this has been flogged like a dead horse, but I can't be bothered trawling through all the various threads.

Just totally open to suggestions. I want that biting neck pickup tone, for blues, funk, stuff like that, other than of course the Blues Driver...

lightningblues427

mntmoses

JHS Morning Glory gets my vote. Definitely has become my go to pedal in the last 3 months. It's essentially a blues breaker but it has way more headroom and gain on tap.

DaSkip

No doubt this has been flogged like a dead horse, but I can't be bothered trawling through all the various threads.

Just totally open to suggestions. I want that biting neck pickup tone, for blues, funk, stuff like that, other than of course the Blues Driver...

It's called reading/research. I can't be bothered as well.

fechart

I love the OCD with very low gain settings for that. Much more than my already sold BD-2...

edm4462

JHS Morning Glory gets my vote. Definitely has become my go to pedal in the last 3 months. It's essentially a blues breaker but it has way more headroom and gain on tap.
I agree with this. The Morning Glory is just a great sounding bluesbreaker type pedal.

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
If you like tweed, Tweed'57. If you like BF, then Black '65.......or a modded BD2 if you like compression in your OD. All IMHO, of course..

Coldacre

Blues Driver - Monte Allums H2O mod

its the best. :cool:

Funky Monkey

Gold Supporting Member
You want the tone of a Blues Driver, but don't want an actual Blues Driver? What am I missing? I honestly don't get it.

KevinFinn

You want a nicer Blues Driver?

Try this $300 Tubescreamer derivative!

It's the TGP Way. :anon

But seriously, just get a Blues Driver. They're great. Mod it if you want. Happy.

clapton71

I agree, stick with the BD-2, I even prefer the stock. About what's hot and what's not, I don't care much. On my board there's always a mixture between some high-end pedals and the crap that nobody want to buy simply because they sound the way I like them to sound. The bd-2 sits at the end of my drive section, set as an almost clean boost I haven't managed to find anything better.

Trending Topics