• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best pedal purchase 2018

Drumongus

Red Panda Tensor is the most fun pedal i've gotten in years.
I bought one and played it for 30 minutes and sold it on reverb 20 minutes after for a cool 4 dollar profit. (covered my fees) I just didn't even see a use for it. Maybe I jumped ship too quick but I am a sonic wizard style player (ha!) and couldn't make the magic happen.

eoengineer

Gold Supporting Member
Line 6 Helix FX.

This one unit has become an invaluable centerpiece to not only how my rig sounds, but how it is controlled.

The effects sounds fantastic, it’s transparent when it’s supposed to be, it buffers my signal in a pleasing way, and it switches my amp channels for me.

I can’t really say enough about it. I haven’t looked at another stompbox since I got it.

MoarGear

I finally picked up the much debated Timmy (silver sparkle, black knobs). I dig it. I use it more for an always on slightly-driven Boost with that EQ to shape things a touch, and I work my volume knob quite a bit too.

Good sound. Well designed. Small producer. Fairly priced. \m/

Drumongus

Bought a bunch of pedals this year, only one that stayed home was the El Capistan. I keep most pedals based on gigabilty and this one is really friendly on stage and can get wild and back without presets and toe wiggles on knobs. Just a well designed, usable echo pedal.

CjRuckus

HX stomp. Hands down.

Close second would be the Ms3. Been a year of multifx for me. Just makes life easier

Afcollett

Did you get the momentary or latching Vario? Do you find yourself using the Vario much?

I got the momentary version and yes I use it often, being able to set the values gives it a totally different dimension to a regular expression pedal, I was up in the air at first whether to order it, I’m glad I did.

MilwMark

Boss ME-80.

Got it for silent practice. Just use it in manual mode.

On a lark, plugged it into my amp. Everything sounded great. Better than my HX Effects, in fact. Very dynamic. Well laid out.

Sounded even better into a loud amp in a mix.

Two cables, one PS, nice, small stage footprint.

No more pedal rotation and board redoes.

KiddBilly

I got a JHS Pollinator version 2 back in February, and it has become my favorite fuzz around. Very similar to a germanium fuzz face, just as moody with temperature but way more tweak-able and compact :love:

Been on a Lovepedal kick this year as well. By the end of summer, I went from having none to three of their pedals: a Twin Sixty boost pedal, a Tube Reamer overdrive, and a Zendrive. Can't say enough praise about their stuff. Sadly, I've gotta get a new Zendrive over the holidays cause the first one got knicked at a gig a month after I got it! :puh

Last edited:

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
Malekko B:assmaster germanium, for bass.

images

Mu-fx Phasor II for everything else.

mufx_phasor_2x.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom