Best Pedalboard Makers

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Looking for a tweed pedalboard. Looks like Blackbird & Creation Audio are the main or only ones that make it.

Is one better than another? Or is there a better brand than these two?

guitar nut

I couldn't say enough great things about Spencer at West Coast Pedalboards. He was great to work with, listened to what my needs were and did a fantastic job on two different hardwood pedal boards with tween cases. Both boards required a lot of special work, input / output routing, power supplies and A/C connections. They weren't cheep but they were worth every penny. He's in line with the two you mentioned as far as price I think. Really like them both a lot. I think they are pictured on his Facebook page. At least they were at one time.
Good luck on your search.

Blakemore

Silver Supporting Member
Blackbird is fantastic from my experience. I have two of their boards and my wife has a third for her bass rig. We fly with them. Zero issues and they are just plain sexy and efficient.
Blackbird were the pioneers for tolexing pedalboards for retail and have been around a long time. Like all great ideas, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Best of luck!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Blackbird makes a great product at a very nice price point considering the included hard case.

John K.

The only thing to watch out for on the NYC is that they told me that their hard cases aren't necessarily appropriate for flying. You may get away with it, but it's not built for it. If you fly.

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
The only thing to watch out for on the NYC is that they told me that their hard cases aren't necessarily appropriate for flying. You may get away with it, but it's not built for it. If you fly.

While this is certainly true, I wouldn't check any pedalboard unless it came with a ata flight case. Baggage handlers are waaayy too rough. I've flown internationally with my NYC Pedalboard plenty, but I always bring it as my carry on

moidan

http://www.pistolapedalboards.com/pedalboard.html

108frxu.jpg

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
http://sigcustom.com

He lives near me, and we occasionally interact (I fix some of his gear, he's refinished cabs for me). The prices are extremely reasonable compared to the big boys, and well made too. I went with the On/Off power jack and In/Outs.

4FE1576E-E069-4601-8817-C06D9482F681_zpsesk5uemz.jpg

E8569FDC-2D41-4CDF-BC36-8BE203A26C1D_zpsb3fiebil.jpg

BCCF2DAB-867B-4442-A84E-CF92115E97FC_zpsgeyimu0g.jpg

Last edited:

Mickey's dad

Has anyone used a Rondo pedalboard case? I like this idea but as I have volume pedal, wah pedal, and expression pedal I don't think I'd have enough clearance unless I used it upside down - pedals/switcher on the top. It's 4 1/4 " deep and the lid is only 1" deep. They are much less costly than what I see at NYC Pedalboards.

olgluefoot

Has anyone used a Rondo pedalboard case? I like this idea but as I have volume pedal, wah pedal, and expression pedal I don't think I'd have enough clearance unless I used it upside down - pedals/switcher on the top. It's 4 1/4 " deep and the lid is only 1" deep. They are much less costly than what I see at NYC Pedalboards.
Yup, I used to have one. The "lid" is actually the board. Perfectly serviceable but the latches leave something to be desired.

jaymeister

My first board was a Rondo board back 15 years ago...decent, but too small for my HCFX induced gas at the time...

BluesHarp

Who makes the ones that are black and red and the board is got a ton of small 3/8" or 1/2" holes in it all over for all the cables to stay underneath? They look awesome.. kind of that Italian sports car look.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom