Best pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Noah, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Noah

    Noah Supporting Member

    Messages:
    4,299
    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2003
    Location:
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    I've never used a pedalboard before, and always just left my stomp boxes on the floor. Now I need to keep things clean and neat while I'm singing, and would like to buy a pedalboard that holds about 4 or 5 pedals and a wah in a single row.
    a few questions:
    Should I get one that is self powered, or buy the power supply and board seperately? What about cabling between pedals?

    I really want to keep a nice compact setup for ease of use.
     
  2. Dr Rico

    Dr Rico Member

    Messages:
    1,772
    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2002
    Location:
    Dade County, FL
    I have three pedalboards from pedalboard.com (the masters...). Tom set me up with a little board with a flight case (I use this one for >75% of my gigs), a medium sized board with flightcase (the remaining 25%) and a large board for home. Built tough, sized correctly. What's not to like? I use an Aspect Designs power supple (same company...) or batteries or a switchmode or wall warts, depending on the need.
     
  3. esoteric pete

    esoteric pete Supporting Member

    Messages:
    6,742
    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2005
    Location:
    east coast

    go to www.nycpedalboards.com and order a six shot. get a voodoo lab pedalpower II, and some george l's .155 cable/right angle plugs, set aside an hour or so to wire it up, and VIOLA! theres your compact setup that you were askin for.
     
  4. ryanspeer

    ryanspeer Member

    Messages:
    148
    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2004
    Location:
    Lake Stevens, WA
    If you're looking for the Mercedes of pedalboards, check out TrailerTrash Pedalboards. They total class and quality.
     
  5. davidkiddmusic

    davidkiddmusic Member

    Messages:
    347
    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2005
    Location:
    La la land
    +1 on the Trailer Trash pedalboards.

    I own 2 of the Velcro tops (1 double wide, 1 single wide) and they are the best money can buy. Coolest looking too! Rooster is the man as well. Gives the best customer service I have ever gotten.
     
  6. onehandfretting

    onehandfretting Member

    Messages:
    154
    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2005
    Location:
    Atlanta
  7. theHoss

    theHoss Member

    Messages:
    1,248
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2005
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    I have a PedalPad XL, I will sell you for $200 plus shipping (whici is 1/2 price). Comes with power and patch bay for loops and stereo. I have the smaller version, and want to get rid of the larger one. New to the forum ediquite....so if this post is in bad taste I appologize in advance.
     
  8. Madsman

    Madsman Member

    Messages:
    1,153
    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2004
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    I just ordered a Pedaltrain Pro, after measuring my existing pedal-setup, if I were to optimize it. As best I can figure, there's no way I can get it down below 27 inches in width. I've only seen great reviews from people on this site and elsewhere about the PT stuff. So I'm in the club now.
     
  9. jero

    jero Member

    Messages:
    619
    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2005
    Location:
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    +1:AOK
     
  10. Eric Pykala

    Eric Pykala Member

    Messages:
    1,006
    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2002
    Location:
    London, Ontario, Planet Earth
    +1 on the Pedaltrain. It's a very intelligent, simple, FLEXIBLE design. I can completely rewire/reconfigure the thing in about twenty minutes (I play in a bunch of different bands, need tons of different sounds, but can't afford multiple boards). The case it comes in holds all my wiring, etc. I use a Power-All to do most of the pedals, with the exception of the supply for my Memory Lane (that stays on my board for every gig, even the pure acoustic ones).
    Highly recommended!-Eric
     

Share This Page