Best-Playing Guitar You Own

Stev0Griffin

Trendsetter
I just got around to finishing my MJT build. I have to say, wow. This thing SMOKES. Incredible guitar, and inspiring to play.

I actually rank it right on par with my (no longer mine) 1973 Fender hardtail Strat in terms of playability. The neck is slightly different, but it's uncanny how similar they feel.

So the question to you all is: what is your best-playing / most-inspiring guitar?

IMG_3266.jpg

I honestly have no idea, I have guitars that I bought not to play, but to simply own and add to my collection, so for all I know I could probably own a few guitars that play a lot better than the ones that I currently use for gigging.

However when it comes to acoustic guitars, that is easy to answer, hands down my fanned fretted six string acoustic is the nicest feeling acoustic to play, barre chords are a breeze to play on it, so much so that I've never bothered to use a capo on it or felt the need for one.

Last edited:
M

Member 1963

I've always been fender thru and thru but i do have one gibson, a LP Jr Special. Had some gibsons in the past, but of them all and of the probably 100 fenders or fender clones i have has that Jr is easily the best playing electric guitar i have ever held. It doesn't get better...it CAN'T get better, it's total perfection in that regard. (not to mention near or perfect overall)

cap10kirk

My Epiphone Les Paul is the best playing guitar I've owned...for now. The jumbo stainless frets made it a much better playing guitar, plus I did better fret work and a better setup than Epi did at the factory. It didn't play this good initially.
I'm going to start building my new guitar (LP Junior style, black limba body and neck, baseball bat neck, etc) early next year, so hopefully that will replace my Epi as my best playing guitar.

RockDC

I have a lot of guitars. PRS core, Gibson, Epiphone, Fender, Squier, Gretsch, etc... Hands down, out of the box I can't deny the feel of any of my PRS guitars. But with tweaking my number one playing guitar is an 03 Gibson LP Classic. Low action, fast neck, and my strumming arm just feels right leaning on it.

jds22

Silver Supporting Member
My Ibanez S420.
I love the body and neck. I rounded the fret ends and the fretboard edges. It's super comfy.
Probably the best feeling guitar I've ever owned.

Headshok

My best playing, feeling, sounding guitar is my TMG Dover. It was built as an HSS build and the tones are all enyone could ever want out of a guitar.

dansworld

My best playing guitar that feels perfect in my hands and with which I can do no wrong.

Please give a warm welcome to "Sparky", my Fano TC6 with KILLER TVJ Brian Setzer signature 'Trons. What a neck...I never want to put it down, but, unfortunately, I have to from time to time.

20160924_175215_zpspsk0ewo7.jpg

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Best playing is the 1936 Gibson L-00. It's like waving your hands in the clouds.

image1.jpg

Most inspirational is my 1969 Guild F312-NT Artist. A small body 12 string Brazilian rosewood that I swear is alive and is trying to tell me something new every time we meet:

333007.jpg
333010.jpg

I guess I'll give an example. Here is a straightforward blues but the F312 just makes it sound freaky.

But this thing can switch up its voice on you and get all contemplative:

https://jahn.bandcamp.com/track/stone-praise

Disregard my bad vocals ha, the guitar in both is just the Guild pointed at a mic, that's it.

Last edited:

T Dizz

I just got around to finishing my MJT build. I have to say, wow. This thing SMOKES. Incredible guitar, and inspiring to play.

I actually rank it right on par with my (no longer mine) 1973 Fender hardtail Strat in terms of playability. The neck is slightly different, but it's uncanny how similar they feel.

So the question to you all is: what is your best-playing / most-inspiring guitar?

IMG_3266.jpg
that thing is sweet!

Stev0Griffin

Trendsetter
I have way too many guitars of all types. None come close to my Parker Flys for sheer play-ability.
Funny you mention that. There's a gentleman locally selling a Nitefly on CL for a fair price. I'm thinking about snatching it up.

Stev0Griffin

Trendsetter
that thing is sweet!
Thanks man! I got it all from MJT back in October (ordered in early July) but only got it all going a couple of days ago.

USACG made the neck and it is KILLER. I used 6100 SS frets. It took some getting used to: they're freakin' massive. They did a stellar job on the fretwork though. No sharp edges and no high frets. Can't recommend them enough.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
My new Epi 58 Flying V is one of if not the best playing and sounding guitar that I've ever owned! I've only got one issue with it, I have small hands and the neck is larger than I'm used to, but I love everything else about the V so much that I'm willing to deal with it! It just feels like home when I pick it up and start playing it!

View media item 47296

Trending Topics

Top Bottom