Best Pre-Dirt Reverb pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DavidRAZ, Apr 20, 2016.

1. DavidRAZ

DavidRAZ Supporting Member

I want a good reverb pedal for pre-dirt uses. So my options now are the Dr. Scientist Reverberator, EQD levitation, Hardwire RV7/Digitech Polara, Boss RV3/RV6. What are you suggestions? I know is not so usual to have a reverb before dirt but for me it sounds awesome.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. aman74

aman74 Member

Don't forget the Boss RV5 with that awesome modulation mode. Lots of shoegaze guys use it pre-dirt.

3. minty901

minty901 Member

It's cool to do this but I would say there's not much point spending a lot of money on the reverb in this case, because the distortion will muddy the sound up a lot anyway, and impart its characteristic onto the sound. I'd go with whatever's cheapest, personally. I see no need to go boutique when you're going to be slamming the **** out of your reverb with distortion anyway.

That's not to say it wont sound cool, because it does.

4. DavidRAZ

DavidRAZ Supporting Member

Did anyone try the Dr scientist Reverberator as pre dirt?

5. aman74

aman74 Member

I'd just pick one you like. I'm not seeing how pre-dirt is gonna change things too much. Decide if you want pre-delay control and go from there maybe? I have heard people say they like their topangas pre-dirt.

6. Scott_F

Scott_F Gold Supporting Member

Topanga is a pretty sweet pedal. It's designed to go in front of the amp like an old school early 60's separate reverb tank. I've not tried it yet in a loop. I"m told it's not meant to be in an fx loop. However I've been told many things on the internet and wow, they are all true. No seriously.