Best Rack Delay/ Reverb/ Multi Fx for effects loop?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rgee27, Feb 9, 2008.

1. rgee27

rgee27 Supporting Member

I've been looking at a few different units, one being the TC Electronics G-Major. Just did a quick HC search and reviews are not good in terms of reliability. Can anyone recommend any other units I should consider that won't suck tone when in the FX loop of my tube amp?

2. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I've had pretty good luck with my Lexicon MPX1. Took a while to learn the tweaks but it sounds really great on delays and reverb. Never had a problem with it, you can get one for just over $300 on fleabay, at that price you can buy a great midi controller or other pedal with your savings.
    YMMV IMO

Richard

3. movingpictures

movingpictures Member

I have used a Rocktron Intellifex on and off for like 15 years!! Its not as flexable as say a G-major, but it has very transparent FX(no OD) and can be purchased for under $150. Great unit for sure...

4. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

+1! I've still got mine and like it a lot. Sold my Lexicon MPX-1. It sounded really nice, but made my head ache to program it. The deal breaker for me, though, was was huge delay between patch changes (on my unit anyway).

5. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

What type of loop serial or paralell. Id serial go Rocktron beacuse of the dry analogue signal path or G-Force, I think the ad/da converters are better than the system or major.
    If serial loop then just kill dry on any of the above.
    FWIW I have had good and bad G-majors, I don't place a lot of credit in those HV reviews, people are more likely to complain than praise something.

6. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

What's your budget??

7. Kenny D

Kenny D Member

Hands down, the TC G-Major. $399 USA. It's easy to program, suffers from no patch change lag and is absolutely clean. I own two of them.

8. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

Eventide Eclipse and the TC G-Force are better units, but they also cost a lot more. That's why I asked what his budget was. I agree completely that the G-Major is a good choice for the money, though.