Best replacement pot for vintage Vox wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Phase45child, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Phase45child

Phase45child Member

So yesterday I posted about a weird pot issue I had with my newly acquired vintage Vox wah...well today I stepped on the pedal and the pot fell out and severed the connections lol, so I guess now I have no excuse not to replace the pot now.

What's the best pot to replace it with? I live in the UK so my options could be limited. Is the Dunlop hotpotz any good?

2. Phase45child

Phase45child Member

And it's a good fit for the Vox? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I haven't bought or used the Dunlop pot before. I appreciate the advice.

3. ScienceFriction

ScienceFriction Member

I'm probably starting to sound bias, but I have no affiliation. Castledine Electronics makes a wah pot based on the 1960s ICAR pot that is great. Best part is Castledine is in the UK. If what you're replacing is an ICAR pot, that's my recommendation. You could also check with Joe Gagan, he sells great wah parts on eBay these days.

V846, 71strat and Phase45child like this.
  4. Phase45child

Phase45child Member

That sounds perfect for my wah, I'll go with Castledine I think. Thank you!

71strat and ScienceFriction like this.
  5. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

There's some good info out there about what the different pots have to offer, as it seems there are several choices available now to what seemed like Dunlop and Fultone only had in the past(-like 2006 when I last ordered one).

Phase45child likes this.
  6. Phase45child

Phase45child Member

My pot is sn ERT, which I think was the Italian equivalent of the ICAR.

Looks like the Castledine is my best bet here, I'm going to email Stuart on Monday and get this bad boy wahing again!