• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best replacement speaker for SF Champ?

DT7

Looking for sweet cleans...nice overdrive a bonus. How does it sound at 4 ohms for the speaker instead of 3.2? Anybody have experience with this issue?

72Telecaster

4 should work just fine.

I have a Weber Sig 8 in mine; my dad has an 8A125 or variation of that...large price difference but his sounds amazing. Fills out the amp much better and more articulate. The Sig is still an upgrade from the original however.

cugel

Silver Supporting Member
i did the ceramic weber that has the huge magnet. it fits and does cleans and crunch well and never farts out no matter what you throw at it. 4ohm is ok

wyatt

My favorite was the one Eminence used to make, but Weber and others started selling 8" speakers for half the price and the Eminence went out of production sometime ago.

sshan25

Supporting Member
I have tried Weber Sig 8's both in ceramic and AlNiCo, Jensen Mod 8 and settled on the WGS. It is louder and sweeter than the others. You'd swear it was a 10".

Fenderosa

I have one of the old Eminence ceramic speakers in a Champ and a Weber 8A100T in a Vibro-Champ. The Weber has sweeter cleans. I picked the A100T (late 50s R cone) over the A125 because it has slightly more midrange. It is the perfect match for my taste. It is really sweet.

Trending Topics