Best replacement wah inductor?

gnugear

So I was going to buy an Area 51 but just found out that they're now longer available. I put a red Fasel in my crybaby and it sounds smoother so I consider that an improvement.

Should I put another Fasel in my Vox? Are there any others out there that are better? Whipple, Fulltone?

john b

I just had a yellow fasel put in my modded crybaby. It is really clear and natural sounding. Not quite as snarly as the red. I'm really happy with it. Got it for $12 on the 'bay.

MatZen

Silver Supporting Member
Got a Whipple. It really has the vocal characteristic I was looking for. Got it on eBay.

johnrea_77

Gold Supporting Member
I have a used "fixer upper" Cry Baby getting retrofitted with new parts including a Whipple inductor, true bypass, and LED indicator. It should be ready in a week or two.

FWIW - I picked up the Whipple on the bay as well.

funkycam

Silver Supporting Member
do a little internet research on wah pedal mods & you can decide why you're gonna like a given inductor & also how a couple of simple component changes can significantly alter your wah's tone

bionic

If you have the casing I highly recomend the MJM Guitarfx Ulysees wah mod. Not on his site but send him an email if you want. Tropical fish transistors, tuned inductor - really great stuff.

mistercoffee1

If you have the casing I highly recomend the MJM Guitarfx Ulysees wah mod. Not on his site but send him an email if you want. Tropical fish transistors, tuned inductor - really great stuff.

BTW, the Tropical fish are Capacitors, not transistors.

I've also got a Whipple. Very smooth, warm, and stronger fundamental.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom