• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best replacement wah inductor?

gnugear

So I was going to buy an Area 51 but just found out that they're now longer available. I put a red Fasel in my crybaby and it sounds smoother so I consider that an improvement.

Should I put another Fasel in my Vox? Are there any others out there that are better? Whipple, Fulltone?

john b

Silver Supporting Member
I just had a yellow fasel put in my modded crybaby. It is really clear and natural sounding. Not quite as snarly as the red. I'm really happy with it. Got it for $12 on the 'bay.

MatZen

Silver Supporting Member
Got a Whipple. It really has the vocal characteristic I was looking for. Got it on eBay.

johnrea_77

Gold Supporting Member
I have a used "fixer upper" Cry Baby getting retrofitted with new parts including a Whipple inductor, true bypass, and LED indicator. It should be ready in a week or two.

FWIW - I picked up the Whipple on the bay as well.

funkycam

do a little internet research on wah pedal mods & you can decide why you're gonna like a given inductor & also how a couple of simple component changes can significantly alter your wah's tone

bionic

If you have the casing I highly recomend the MJM Guitarfx Ulysees wah mod. Not on his site but send him an email if you want. Tropical fish transistors, tuned inductor - really great stuff.

mistercoffee1

If you have the casing I highly recomend the MJM Guitarfx Ulysees wah mod. Not on his site but send him an email if you want. Tropical fish transistors, tuned inductor - really great stuff.
BTW, the Tropical fish are Capacitors, not transistors.

I've also got a Whipple. Very smooth, warm, and stronger fundamental.

Trending Topics