• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Reverb Pedal

Pat Healy

Best "cost-no-object" pedal: T Rex Room Mate

Best budget pedal: Line 6 Verbzilla

Best-sounding budget pedal that sucks you in with beautiful reverb tone and then crushes your spirit by breaking after you've had it for two weeks: Marshall Reflector

OnlyVees

I saw a demo at that Yoo Toob site of a Digitech Hardwire reverb pedal. I'd love to try one in person.

PanicProne

I think the Boss RV-5 i quite good for a digital reverb (and for a boss). I especially like the spring reverb on this. Definetely worth checking out.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I think the Verbzilla is in a class by itself in the price vs. performance/feature set.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
For plain ol' amp spring reverb, I like the EHX Holy Grail Plus the best.

For the Fender '63 Reverb Tank surf-type reverb, I think the Verbzilla & Digiverb do this best. Out of the 2, I prefer the Digiverb. I just sold my Verbzilla & kept the Digiverb.

BarkingTree

Ive seen now the demos on The HGR+ and the Trex RM. Thanks!
Also ran into the TC Nova...$$ on the latter two..BAng for the buck on the HGR+!

echoholic

Oh dude... HOLY GRAIL, by electro harmonix. All the way. Hands down. That thing is amazing. I use it all the time. I've even used live on my voice, & it sounds so beautiful.

Static111

My opinion is the Van Amps Reverbamate, or Solemate.....I own the solemate and will say it is the best reverb in the world for me

Waxhead

For plain ol' amp spring reverb, I like the EHX Holy Grail Plus the best.

For the Fender '63 Reverb Tank surf-type reverb, I think the Verbzilla & Digiverb do this best. Out of the 2, I prefer the Digiverb. I just sold my Verbzilla & kept the Digiverb.

I refuse to buy anymore Line 6 products so not interested in a Verbzilla

1) do either the Holy Grail or the Digiverb tone suck at all ???

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
The Holy Grail is transparent. (and just to be clear: get the Holy Grail PLUS, not the old HG).

The Digiverb sucks a LITTLE tone, but I run a dedicated buffer on my board anyway, so it's not noticeable. And I'm anal about that stuff.

For versatility, go with the Digiverb.

For a more natural, "organic" feel, something that doesn't just SOUND like springs but FEELS (more) like springs, go with the HG+.

BOTH of these pedals require the use of their own wall wart (HG+ comes with one), or a very good power supply. The Digiverb draws 90ma, and so the DC Brick will not power it properly, but a One-Spot or a PP2+ will. The HG+ can be powered by anything, but if it's not an isolated power supply you might have noise issues. The PP2+ powers it no problem. Again, the DC brick does not, not sure about the One Spot, but I doubt it.

Waxhead

The Holy Grail is transparent. (and just to be clear: get the Holy Grail PLUS, not the old HG).

The Digiverb sucks a LITTLE tone, but I run a dedicated buffer on my board anyway, so it's not noticeable. And I'm anal about that stuff.
That counts out the Digiverb. I have a totally non tone sucking pedal board and I ain't risking it.

Holy Grail Plus then. Is it correct that it uses 500ma ???
Also - can anyone please give me it's dimensions. It's not on the EH website anywhere.
I've got little space on my board and need to be sure it'll fit - thanks.

Trending Topics