• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Rhythm teaching DVD

Baloney

Are there any really good rhythm teaching dvds? WHo has a good one out? Metal,Blues Rock rhythms etc.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
When you say rhythm, are you referring to just learning strict rhythms on guitar, or rhythm guitar playing in general. If the later, I think Don Mock's Jazz Guitar Rhythm Chops is a great one. He covers all sorts of useful chord voicings, uses the blues to demo mostly.

He then dissects playing on different beats and how to develop different feels. Lots of good info for the intermediate level player.

Mandoboy

TY.. I dont play mandolin sorry.

ANyone else have any good dvd leads?
Scroll down on the page; There's Rhythm Tune Up which is the one I mean (the other two DVDs are Rhythm Mandolin and Sound Fundamentals)

It's not a mandolin DVD- I play mando and guitar to illustrate the concepts of working with time and grooves, It applies to all instruments, basic musicianship...

Last edited:

Baloney

When you say rhythm, are you referring to just learning strict rhythms on guitar, or rhythm guitar playing in general. If the later, I think Don Mock's Jazz Guitar Rhythm Chops is a great one. He covers all sorts of useful chord voicings, uses the blues to demo mostly.

He then dissects playing on different beats and how to develop different feels. Lots of good info for the intermediate level player.

Different rhythm styles. Chord progressions etc..

mowatsmith

modern chord progression by ted greene? maybe a little daunting and not a dvd.

I remember loving Don Mock's Jazz Guitar Rhythm Chops on VHS.

Tomo

Tomo Fujita focuses on rhythm a great deal in his first "Accelerate Your Guitar Playing" DVD.
Thanks for mention my dvd. My dvd has ..part 3 Rhythm, Muting and Sight-Reading...... and Part 4 Blues Changes and many grooves...

Tomo

Trending Topics