Best/Safest Power Supply

Ok so I had a close call with a DC-brick this weekend. It fried my Landgraff. Fortunately we live in the same town and he is repairing it. It almost fried all my pedals. So I need the safest power supply. Recommendations?

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Gold Supporting Member
what happened with the DC brick that nearly fried your pedals?
It's a switching power supply. If they fail, they tend to pass lots of power down the line and bad things can happen to the devices attached to them. My guess is that's probably what went down.

If a transformer based supply fails, it usually just stops working, which IMHO is better/safer.

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
I've been very happy so far with my Juicebox (I have both a V2 and V3), really great power supply.

shakti

+1 on the Juicebox. I also have both a V2 and V3, and haven't had one single hiccup in more than 8 years of use (V3 is a little newer).

Funkmasta69

The Voodoo Lab PP2+ is the best, the most reliable and almost 99% of professional Musicians use it in theirpedalboards

stinkfoot

I'd go for the PP2+ myself. It's a costly investment, but you won't ever have to buy another power supply. Plus, it's nowhere near as expensive as a Landgraff...

/Andreas

Trending Topics