Best single coil sized humbucker for High Gain

tvegas99

Gold Supporting Member
reviving this thread to see if there are any more choices in 2020, a lot is here!!

pipedwho

Zexcoil Juicy Bucker is still the best in 2020 that I've found so far. These pickups are way ahead of their time, and the Juicy stands out as the perfect Strat bridge humbucker, irrespective of size.

Sweat

Gold Supporting Member
Hotrail for me, going to be redoing an EBMM AL SSS adding a bridge hot rail, solid shaft volume and tone controls and a new pick guard

I wanted a HB for one of my Strats, and ordered a Hot Rails. It should be here tomorrow, and next weekend's guitar project will be installing it.
I plan on leaving the 250k pot in there, but disconnecting the tone. If I don't like it, I can always try something else.

Verne Andru

I have a '59 in my strat and like it because it splits close to my other pickups, but it's not high gain - more regular humbucker.

I put a set of no-name SC rails from Allparts in a build and am quite impressed with them. Not sure who the maker is, but they're quite hot but sound great split and with the volume rolled down.

Trick with splitting a humbucker to a single coil is to switch tone caps at the same time. On a strat you'll need to wire a super-switch to do that but it's worth it for the proper tone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom