• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best small single 12 combo (35 watts and less) for the buck?

way2blu

Take a hard look at the Mesa Express 5:25 or 5:50's. Depending on your taste for tones, either one of these are huge bang for your buck IMHO. I have been playing the 5:50 for about a year now, and love it more every day. It is a straight forward, no BS amp that can deliver in all situations - nice 5 watt "cranked" tones in the studio - equally nice in the 50 watt setting on stage. Give it a try ;)

sixstring531

Silver Supporting Member
Zinky Blue Velvet 1x12, 25 watts...I guess you can find them for under $1000 new, best tone for the money

NickZ

another vote for the express - just purchased a 525 and really like the tones, warmth and features.

BCJek

I probably say it too often, but a vintage Traynor YGM-3. 2 x el84, reverb, trem. Poor stock speaker, but easily replaced. Closed-back cab.

Michael

jumpnblues

Not sure about "for the bucks", but the best my ears have heard is the Louis Electric Tremblelux. Not cheap, but tone for days, weeks, months, and years. It's a 1x12, 25 watt, tweed Tremolux based amp with hand built transformers, and two 6V6's. Mine has a Scumback M75 speaker and I think it sounds superb. You can hear it in the clip below, however, it has a Scumback H75 in the clip. I personally like the M75 just ever so slightly better. I think it's still around $2600. which ain't cheap but it's my holy grail/desert island amp along with its bigger brother KR-10/12 which I also have.

Tom

Eric Dahlberg

Agreed on the smaller Boogie's. Set the clean channel to a sparkly clean and the overdrive channel to a thicker, compressed clean, then let pedals do the rest, and you'll have a great sounding rig that can cover a lot of ground. I've always found the smaller Boogie's to respond more like vintage amps than the more expensive models.

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Working Dog series by Alessandro. Light, well built, built in attenuation. PTP wired. OH, and did I mention they're 25% off w/ free shipping now? For a new amp to gig with, they're tough to beat for the money, IMO. The Rottweiler and Doberman are clean machines. For more grind go Boxer.

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Need more info. What kind of music do you play? Are you looking for a 2 channel? Whats your budget? I mean...you are on corksniffer central you know...

For the low budget, you cant beat a Peavey classic 30 or Delta blues if you need 2 channels with a nice overdrive. Budda SD18 or 30 is a great amp, light aslo, with nice clean and killer gain channel..but gonna run you closer to that 1k mark.

imguitardan

Need more info. What kind of music do you play? Are you looking for a 2 channel? Whats your budget? I mean...you are on corksniffer central you know...

For the low budget, you cant beat a Peavey classic 30 or Delta blues if you need 2 channels with a nice overdrive. Budda SD18 or 30 is a great amp, light aslo, with nice clean and killer gain channel..but gonna run you closer to that 1k mark.
I only need a good clean (I have great drive pedals). I'm looking for a touch responsive (at low gigging volumes but mic'd) where it breaks up slightly if hit hard and is fat and responsive when not. Classic rock rhythm.

jdh4him

Crate Palomino V32...only thing needed is a reverb tank change...all for around $400 used...EL84s, 2 channels, how to go wrong?

StompBoxBlues

I love the Classic 30 for this kind of thing...but also, well overlooked and with a fantastic clean channel (the best thing about it) that takes pedals well, but that does stay pretty much clean quite a ways up, I love the cleans on the Carvin vintage 33, (or Nomad...basically I think the same amp)...

Bang for buck, I think the Vintage 33.

Trending Topics