Best software to create songs?

5Joe5

I've been messing around in garage band mixing some guitar/bass/drum tracks that my friends and I play together. I find garage band to be a little inconvenient or maybe I just don't know how to use it right. I'm just wondering what the best way is to record a guitar or drum or bass track then put them together. Preferably something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Dasein

I use Reaper as my DAW

It's free to try for as long as you want (fully functional) then $60 thereafter and it upgrades constantly and has a huge user support community.

mango

There is a learning curve with all of them,no real best IMO,they all do basically the same thing.

Vishnu

I use Reaper as my DAW

It's free to try for as long as you want (fully functional) then $60 thereafter and it upgrades constantly and has a huge user support community.
I have reaper....but where or how does one get all them bass, keyboard or PC keyboard,drum and synth sounds to operate from?

Mister Natural

Gold Supporting Member
LIVE has some unique manner of workflows; seems like everyone uses it a little differently from one another

as mentioned above - give yourself at least 6 months to learn how to use any DAW correctly

rsm

I have a few software VSTi packs, including EZ Drummer, and I've been using MuLab ( http://www.mutools.com/) which has a few instruments though I should install and try the copy of Cubase LE I have...