Best sounding cable for Pedals (pedalboard)

Mad John

Hi everyone,

I am building my pedalboard "system" strictly for studio use. I will be producing a few albums in my studio soon and I need allot of additional stuff! Besides a slew of effects that I am looking into. I need a GREAT switching system with programmable patches with the purest sound possible!

Just wondering about pedal cables. I use the Lava (nickel plugs) and they were a huge improvement to the George L's that I had been suffering with for years lol. Is there a cable better that Lava? I know that they can get expensive and the Lava's are a great price for the cable alone! Anyone tried the Gold plugs vs the nickel?

Also, I think I need a buffer, but that is a different topic.

Mad John

Hi Mark!

Yes, I sure am and I think they are great! :aok

I need more cable and I was wondering about the gold vs nickel.

todd richman

My L.A. Sound Design board is wired with Mogami and sounds great with no noise or any artifacts of any kind.

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
What as far as you guys can tell is the difference between the Lava pedalboard kits to the Planet Waves kit? I've got about 1/2 my board wired in those and have been thinking about adding the Lava - love the small size of cable and plug end, but was curious about the sonic difference... any experiences?

Nork

i've got monorail on my board right now and it sounds great. mind you - i only need 3-4.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I like to build my own cables for my board(building a shitload as I'm typing). I've always used Mogami 2319 for the boards along w/ Nuetrik or Switchcraft plugs. I just like the soldered security, nothing against the solderless stuff. IMO

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
i really dig the bill and becky lawrence stuff. i hope they are gettin' healthy!!! i just wired my whole board with their stuff. made about 10 cables. . . . i did the "crazy" thing and didn't test anything until it was all wired together . . . . worked just fine!!! i don't think i'll ever use anything else.

Turiguiliano

mini elc's offer balanced frequencies - low, mid high. no accentuation. that's what i hear. changed from klotz la grance to apogee to planet waves to george l's then finally lava. i always wanted an all vovox rig, but it's too expensive for me right now.

Trending Topics