Best Speaker for a Diezel Einstein

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Burst59, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Burst59

Burst59 Member

I'm running some old G12-65's but they get a bit assy at high volumes
    wondering what a good option would be.

2. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

What kind of sound are you looking for? Vintage 30's are ice-picky and nasty at high volumes, so I'm not sure if that will help you any...plus they are Chinese :)

You might try an Eminence Governor which is like a Vintage 30 but does not sound like ass. Cannabis Rex would be smooth and dark, Private Jack would be Greenback-ish...Emi Wizard will make it sound like TWO amps...Swamp Thang would give you hellacious bottom end..it just depends on what you want.

4. GasMask

GasMask Member

I don't get the V30 hate. In the right rig they sound FANTASTIC. Sure, they may not be the right speaker for every player, every style, or every rig. Some of the top pro players who can play anything they want choose V30's. Some of the top amp designers build and voice their amps around V30's. Used with the "wrong" amp, or for the "wrong" style, they will not sound their best. But you could say the same thing about a Les Paul vs. a Strat.

As for the Diezel, V30's are an excellent choice. They are the speakers Diezel uses in their cabs. You will rarely go wrong using the speaker the amp builder recommends.

5. MrNixon

MrNixon Member

thanks for posting this for me!

i posted the same question about a week or two ago, and noone replied.

but this... this is more informative!

6. Burst59

Burst59 Member

I'm going to head over to GC tomorrow and plug in to a 4X12 Diezel cab and give it a try. They asked me to bring the head down and crank it up anyway.

7. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

Yeah, mine bottoms out my greenback-loaded Marshall cab.

Honestly, I've got a Mesa Recto 412 and it works perfectly. Maybe it's designed to work with tons of low end like the Diezel (or a Recto) produces.

PM me and we can set up a time for you to come out to our rehearsal space (near you in the Beav.) and check it out.

8. Burst59

Burst59 Member

That would be great! I'll bring some Pizza from my Restaurant.

9. jcj

jcj Member

In my opinion only......The Bogner 4x12's w/V30's and the Diezel is a great match. The Diezel cabs sounded like crap next to the Bogners (I know they're supposedly made in the same place). I've owned both, at the same time, and there was no comparison.

FWIW.

10. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

Diezel does use v30s in their cabs.

But I think the newer cabs are coming loaded with celestion G12-K100's

I have an einstien and a herbert. I think g65 and gb sound great at moderate volumes but really lose it at higher volume.

i hate v30s with my diezels

i got a quad of g12k100s coming and will load it into a mills acoustics 4x12!

11. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Oh my god I plugged into a 2X12 with Vintage 30's and the Einstein sounded fantastic. It's at whole new level now. I'm worried about running a 100 watt head into 30 watt speakers though. Maybe I'll get a Bogner 4X12. I really like the sound of an open back though. But yes V30's are it for this head.
    Is there a Vintage 30 type speaker in a higher wattage or will they handle a 100 watt head? Maybe Scumback has something?

12. GasMask

GasMask Member

:dude:AOK:dude

13. Sendrith

Sendrith Member

V30s are 60 watts each, not 30.

The 30 is for 30cm.

14. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Well I want to thank everyone for their great advice. I picked up a Bogner OS 2X12 loaded with V30's today....it's the best cab I've ever played through hands down. I'm going to convert my old Marshall 68 slant to a coffee table because the Bogner just kicks the s h i t out of it. I now have the best sound ever since I started playing over 30 years ago. You guys were right all the way thanks.