Best speaker for an Vox AC15 ? (korg)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SHM, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SHM

SHM Member

I have a AC15 with a bulldog clone. Do I have a lot to gain soundwise, if I change the speaker?

Anybody?

Thanks

Søren

2. Peppy

Peppy Member

I had an AC15TBX (X denoting blue alnico Celestion) and there is a bit more volume vs. the standard AC15TB. I'm speaking of the Brit-built Korg ACs (the Chinese-built ones being Korg as well).

3. SHM

SHM Member

Mine is british built.

Søren

4. StevenS

StevenS Supporting Member

I have an AC15TB as well and put an alnico blue in it. Definitely a change for the better. Much more open and jangly sounding. I bought a new blue and if I was doing it again I would have looked harder for a used one. They're expensive!!
    I've got an AC30TB now with greenbacks and am going to change those out with some blues as soon as I can find a couple.

5. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

I have Greenbacks in my AC30 (chinese) and love it. Greenbacks have more growl than blues (which are more jangly)

6. Peppy

Peppy Member

I've got an AC30TBX but yet still don't mind the TBs. I think once you get into the 2 X 12" version it just amps it up and makes that circuit so big and fat.

7. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I have the brit built AC15TBX with the blue alnico Celestion. To be jonest it sounds great to me and have no need to swap out the speaker. To me thats the way it should be personally. It has the jangle that I would expect and want from the amp. If I want something with more growl then I use a different amp