Best speakers for Goldfinger

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jimbo13, Feb 24, 2012.

1. jimbo13

jimbo13 Member

OK, I have a Goldfinger head and was considering getting the matching cab. Who has found a better mix of speakers than the stock greenback/V30 that come stock in the Bogner cab? I dont want to drop the cash on the Bogner if there is a better speaker choice out there.

2. Squatch

Squatch Member

I think it comes stock with a G12M and H30 ... I picked up a used GF and matching cab here on the forum and have been happy. But... I'm interested as well in other opinions

3. freaksho

freaksho Member

right: Green back and G12H30 in the stock cab. but that only makes it a 50W cab so i don't get it.

anyway i'm not a huge Greenback fan so i am running a sorta V30/G12H30 mix, except that the G12H30 is actually a WGS Reaper HP (50W), which gives me a 100 watt rating. i like how these two voices combine - nice cleans and smooth dirt. plenty of clarity, penty of thump, nice & middy, yet still pelnty of cut - plenty of everything really. it feels just right to my ear. for reference: i play at loud band volumes, upbeat indie rock, mostly dirty and mostly light gain, though at a times totally saturated.