Best Stereo Effects?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cocobolo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. cocobolo

cocobolo Supporting Member

Hello. For those of you who have been down this path, what do you consider to be the best or must have stereo effects? What do you use it for? I have a short list right now and would like to widen it some. Anything goes. Analog or digital. Pedal or Rack. I don't care as long as it sounds good! Thanks.

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Timeline, BSR, Simply beautiful stereo fields.

I wanna try a Stereo WET too...

3. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

I have been blown away by the timeline delay in stereo! which then goes through the stereo WET!

4. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

Prophecy Sound 777
    Stereo Wet Reverb

5. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

The Stereo Wet and El Capistan are the reason I am switching to a stereo set up. I love a good panning tremolo too.

6. dr.tdw

dr.tdw Member

El Capistan into a BSR. Delay, and especially reverb, must be played in stereo. The tone of reverbs change in stereo, bigger and much more natural sounding.

7. Matthew John Bell

Matthew John Bell Member

Strymon is doing some amazing stuff with their delays when in stereo. Also, another vote for the Stereo Wet reverb.

I've never tried the Boss RV-5 in stereo, but I've heard great things about it.

8. shuffle

shuffle Member

I have a timeline and a wet. The Wet does help, the timeline I find doesn't help much unless using the dual delay in parallel mode.

The biggest thing that helps is a chorus. Low speed, and depth to taste. I leave my depth quite low and the modulation is hardly noticeable but the stereo spread is huge. Nothing beats that so far that I have tried.its just always on. I use the strymon ola FWIW

9. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

running my Eventide Space in stereo with the amps like 10 feet apart sounds AMAZING.

10. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

try the pattern delays in stereo!

11. shuffle

shuffle Member

Yes that too... However I think any of the ping pong styled delays are not as good an option as using a chorus. The chorus is the only pedal I have used so far that makes the true sund of your guitar come from both amps individually rather than in the middle of the two. It just sounds wider, irespective of your delay and reverbs being on or off.

It's the winner for me. And if you don't want a chorus sound from the pedal (like me, just the width) then making use of a slow speed, and depth to taste really makes the modulation practically Impossible to hear.

12. SteveO

SteveO Member

I won't name any brands as that isn't really relevant to my post, but dual delays in stereo, with the delay times about 10ms apart from each other, sounds absolutely huge without the effect overpowering the core tone.

13. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I love the sound of the EHX Stereo Pulsar panning between 2 amps with some distance between them. It sounds a bit Leslie like, kind of a hypnotic sound. This is a very cheap pedal, and it has a small volume drop, so its probably not the best available. My point is a stereo panning effect can sound beautiful.

14. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Member

Stereo Wet, indeed. I also found the Stereo Chroma to be equally gorgeous.

15. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

Eventide Modfactor rotary setting is amazing in stereo. Boss CE-330 (rack mount, analog chorus) - best chorus I've ever played - hassle to use in a rig, though (the input section clips too easily).

16. lemmiwinks

lemmiwinks Member

agreed. the chorus first (set really subtlety), then delay, then reverb. kills. simply kills. and when you turn off the delay and reverb, you still have the stereo image of the chorus.

do it

17. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

18. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I run a W/D/W rig and all my wet effects are in stereo (3). I think they are all great and necessary for that huge, wide sound. Personally I think stereo modulation is the most important as that is what makes your guitar sound huge - stereo delay and reverb only adds space/ambience. My baseline is a stereo spread chorus (speed low, depth high), but sometimes I also use flange. The Modfactor is a must have for a really good stereo modulation setup if you use more than one type of mod. I like the Flashback and RV7 as well, but there are more options for stereo delay and reverb.

19. GTBJ

GTBJ Member

I had owned my BSR for ages before I got around to trying it in stereo.. and now I pretty much always play in stereo at home. Glorious, wonderful sound!

The DD20 is a bit more garden variety, but also does well.

20. BadMelonFarmer

BadMelonFarmer Member

Word on the Eventide Space sounding AMAZING in stereo. Sounds huge and immersive in stereo.... Very 3D like.