Best Stereo image in a Reverb device?

GusFowler

Meris Mercury7
I tried the Meris Mercury and sold it on. I found the meta controls confusing and the heavy pitch shifting distracting. Now I have a Meris Enzo and find it hard to control as well. Thinking this company’s gear is just not for me.

Matt Griffin

Supporting Member
The Mercury7 does have the most lush, beautiful, hi-fi stereo reverb I’ve tried. It’s where I’ve ended up after trying the Immerse, and some weirder mono reverbs like the Afterneath, Dispatch Master, and AC Noises Ama.

The M7 is just a whole other level. You have to hear it, and hear it in stereo, to really get it. It’s pretty much an always on pedal for me, and I just switch between the larger ambient cathedra and the more subtle plate.

Big Sky or Night Sky. My old rackmount Lexicon Vortex has an awesome stereo image but it's long out of production.

Here's an example of the stereo field with my Roland VG-99 into the Big Sky:

Another one:

Last edited:

ctreitzell

Lexicon PCM81 has lovely movement in its verbs, plus it has great delays, rotary, chorus, etc. (or PCM91, if you really only want verb).

The Neunaber Wet was seemingly inspired by this era Lexicon.
I came here to say exactly this.

The thing about stereo is phantom center. W/D/W will serve much better, IMO

I am always amazed at the difference between muting the dry in my W/Dual Mono/W set up and having all four cabs sounding. Removing the dry really takes the core grunt out and the wets alone sound thin. Put it all together and it sounds fantastic.

It is kind of like having a good music mix if all the frequencies sit well together.

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member
Lexicon PCM81 has lovely movement in its verbs, plus it has great delays, rotary, chorus, etc. (or PCM91, if you really only want verb).

The Neunaber Wet was seemingly inspired by this era Lexicon.
You're already running a stereo head and two speaker cabinets. It's not expensive to find small racks now (used the market has collapsed, $50 would be pretty average, another 50 for a power bar/conditioner). A PCM80/81 with no expansion shouldn't cost you more than $400, or go with an MPX-1 for less control but around $150. Those will give you EPIC stereo spread and far more granular control than any pedal will!

Sea_Dweller

BigSky is my favorite and gives you great control over the tone of the reverb and modulation...it sounds huge with my DI stereo board. Specular Tempus & Mercury 7 also had great stereo spread but had issues with the UI on both.

Trending Topics