• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best store to get a Gibson Acoustic ?

Frozen Rat

Silver Supporting Member
Do you mean mail order? Sight unseen I'd probably be inclined to trust Wildwood Guitars in Colorado (I've bought from them twice). With Gibson, much as I love 'em, it's best to play those in person first if you can. If you're not able to do that, Wildwood. The only bad thing about them is they give you a very meager 3-day return policy. You better play the crap out of it the first two days to make sure it's a keeper.

M

Member 37136

Honestly, I doubt you'll find anyone knocking serious dollars off the price of a new Gibson, so you might want to look around locally. That said, Music Villa has impeccable service and is right there in Bozeman.

jklotz

Silver Supporting Member
I got my J45 at GC. I was able to get 20% off, but that wasn't what sealed the deal. It was that particular J45. I'd have probably paid list for it is I had to, of course I didn't tell them that.

mysterious1s

Honestly, I doubt you'll find anyone knocking serious dollars off the price of a new Gibson, so you might want to look around locally. That said, Music Villa has impeccable service and is right there in Bozeman.
With my Martins I was able to get approx 20-25% off of MAP or about 30-40% of List. I would like to add a J-45 to the stable and figured the pricing structure would be about the same. None of the dealers that I have dealt with for my Martins carry Gibson and the only dealers within an hour or two of me that carry Gibson are Guitar Centers and I have rarely ever seen a J-45 at those locations as the inventory at those stores is pretty lame.

M

Member 37136

With my Martins I was able to get approx 20-25% off of MAP or about 30-40% of List. I would like to add a J-45 to the stable and figured the pricing structure would be about the same.
I gather that Gibson doesn't afford their dealers the same kind of pricing latitude that Martin does. I bought my LG2 from My Favorite Guitars at a discount, but they're no longer a Gibson dealer.

For a model as abundant as the J-45, I would be shopping for used.

JStotes

Silver Supporting Member
I have purchased Gibsons from both Wildwood and Music Villa and they are both great stores.

feet

Silver Supporting Member
The best place is the one that lets you touch and hold and play as many as you want, because an alarming amount of them are pretty disappointing in person. Poor workmanship inside and out, mediocre sound and feel, etc. This was the case at all price points, in my experience. A good one is still magic, but it may not be that easy to find, and you my have to compromise or excuse a few flaws if you find it, assuming you do.

Then again, a good bit of wrenching from a tech might be just what many of them need, so a dud night be salvageable in some cases.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom