• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

best strap for a suhr

echo44

Just got my new surh:drool What do you guys recommend for a strap solution
don't want to end up with the guitar on the floor. I have seen those schaller strap locks but that means taking out the post that came with the guitar notthrilled about
doing that. what do you guys use?

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
I've used Schallers for years with no issues. I have also started getting guitars with Dunlops and they work as well. If you can turn a screwdriver you can take off the strap buttons...no biggie.

PFCG

grolsh rubber washers do the trick. and btw they are just screwed in, you wont strip it out if you dont over torque it.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
I've been using the Levy's woven series with all my Suhr's and have had no issues. They always stay snug on the oversize strap button that comes stock on the Suhr's and are very comfortable.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
I've been using the Levy's woven series with all my Suhr's and have had no issues. They always stay snug on the oversize strap button that comes stock on the Suhr's and are very comfortable.
+1

Never considered the need for strap locks on a Suhr.

andergtr

I've used Schallers for years with no issues. I have also started getting guitars with Dunlops and they work as well. If you can turn a screwdriver you can take off the strap buttons...no biggie.
i use the schallers on every single guitar i have, as well...all 50+ of them. every guitar gets its own strap and the schaller locks.

the only thing you might have to do is fill in the holes with wood filler if the screwhole from the original buttons is too big for the new screw, but that's a no-brainer. just use stuff like elmer's carpenter's wood filler, stuff the holes with that, and let it cure overnight. then just redrill and insert the new screws with the straplocks.

as for straps...my favorite straps are the ones that tom anderson sells. i'm just a basic strap guy--the only thing i really ask is that has a universal length adjustment--i cannot stand those eyelets that come on most leather straps. you can never get the adjustment correct on those--at least i can't.

for just a basic strap...i just use the cheap ones from ernie ball. they work just fine, and they are really easy to use with the schaller strap collars.

john ou

Brian Chan

Silver Supporting Member
Hey John

do you know where can I get the Anderson strap? Tom doesn't sell it direct nor I can't find it in any Anderson dealer in US.

Brian

andergtr

Hey John

do you know where can I get the Anderson strap? Tom doesn't sell it direct nor I can't find it in any Anderson dealer in US.

Brian
brian:

anderson sells it direct. i think you need to just contact them directly. when i was in the shop about a month or two ago i bought six or seven of them from tom.

john ou

Brian Chan

Silver Supporting Member
Hello John

I did ask Tom about that..He was telling me they dont ship it internationally..poor...

Hey John...If you are free...would you mind to take some pic for your Anderson strap?? I have just seen few of them on the net before...not very sure which model they have

andergtr

Hello John

I did ask Tom about that..He was telling me they dont ship it internationally..poor...

Hey John...If you are free...would you mind to take some pic for your Anderson strap?? I have just seen few of them on the net before...not very sure which model they have
sure...PM me your e-mail and i'll send you a pic.

john ou

irish blues

Looks like a knock off to me....my anderson strap does not have the white thread for the A....mine is just an embossed A on the leather.

andergtr

Looks like a knock off to me....my anderson strap does not have the white thread for the A....mine is just an embossed A on the leather.
if it's that important to brian, i can order one from anderson and then ship it off to him in hong kong or wherever.

john ou

Brian Chan

Silver Supporting Member
Hello John

Thanks for your offer. Will let you know when I got the reply from Tom. It would be great if they can ship international. =)

Cheers,
Brian

Trending Topics