Best Tap Tempo Ping Pong Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crowyote, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Ok I'm sure there are already similar threads, but I'm looking for input regarding pedals from recent to eldest.

I have a budget of anywhere from $300 to $1000 or more depending if I decide I need to buy a new microphone.

I'm currently leaning towards the Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe.

I already own Moog MF-104mSD and used to accomplish something similar to ping pong by using it in tandem with an EHX DMM1100w/TT. However I sold the EHX, and don't really want to get another one as I'd like my new delay to be cleaner and have a longer delay time.

I almost jumped on that demo unit Fulltone Tube Tape Echo that Sweetwater had until Friday morning. It was literally sold right out from under me, but I don't have enough make up the gap for a full price one.

I should also mention that I'm not looking for something used, as all my credit is on my NAMM card which is accepted by a handful of dealers (Sweetwater, Chicago Music Exchange, Bananas, Rainbow Guitars, etc)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Nobody's gonna chime in?

3. mediabuyout

mediabuyout Supporting Member

probably not enough firepower for what you're looking for but the strymon deco with the external tap switch can do ping pong & tap

4. deluxe83

deluxe83 Member

Check the new sdd3000 in pedal format...

5. theroan

theroan Member

6. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

7. thinkwriter

thinkwriter Member

Pigtronix E2. The left and right channels each receives a different tap subdivision. Imagine one channel with dotted eighth or quarter note delays while the other, golden ratio. I think it's its main selling point along with the analog filter section

It would've been the delay of all delays, for me, if one could program either channel with a different modulation, filter, crush, depth, mix, repeats, etc. It's really wishful thinking because it can do a lot of different things (simultaneously even), but I fancy sending a washy, sawtooth modulated, droning delay into one amp and a reverse tape delay with pitch-shifting repeats to another. Or perhaps a U2 dotted eighth delay and a bit quarter note bitcrushed delay.

8. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

But of course you can color each out channel to taste with more pedals.

Strongly leaning towards Pigtronix, unless I can find another Fulltone TTE from a NAMM dealer with a decent price.

9. Crowyote

Crowyote Member

Anything super high end . . . who make the M5?

10. LaceSensor

LaceSensor Member

11. Blakemore

Blakemore Member

Echolution 2 Deluxe (ping pong all subdivisons)
    Damage Control Timeline (ping pong is always 1/8th notes but sounds great)

12. elevenstrings

elevenstrings Member

Timeline in Pattern or Dual mode and the Neunaber Echelon both have great sounding stereo ping-pings. (For the echelon you'll need the uTap (v1) or EXP (v2) for Tap Tempo)

13. theroan

theroan Member

Line 6 makes the M5

14. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I know it's rackmount, and TGP is physically allergic to rack, but the TC Electronic D-Two is made to be a stereo ping pong delay. And pretty much no one who's ever had one of those hates it.