• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Best Tone I've Ever Had

V-Picks

Vendor
I was in a music store a few weeks back to drop of some picks and I was looking at their guitars. I was walking back and forth and kept tripping over this little amp on the floor. I finally bent down to look at it and noticed it was a Kustom. I didn't even know Kustom was still in business. I asked, "Ma'am, can I play this little amp?" She said yes so I dragged it over to the wall and plugged it in. I played it for about 45 minutes and said, "Ma'am, bag it up". Just an incredible little unit! I played it for a few weeks at gigs. I decided this week to put my Scumback 10" speaker in it. It was originally equiped with a Celestian. WOW!!! Unbelievable tone. Not only a great tone but it rolls back and cleans up nicely without switching chanels. I prefer just rolling my volume back to clean up a sound. I never have really liked switching chanels at all. That is because I am 100 years old and all we had back then were single channel amps.

My hat is off to Kustom for hanging in there and once again making a great product.

vinni

you know, I played some of the new Kustom products at the Namm show and I gotta say, they sounded pretty good. Actually I was pretty impressed.

V-Picks

Vendor
Which model is it?
I got the Dual 35 DFX. Just a tiny little thing. I figure I'll get the larger one if I decide I really like it. I, however prefer small amps. They just mic me and put me in the monitors and mains. I really don't like playing really loud or with really loud bands. Just not my cup of tea. I guess that is the geezer in me coming out.

v

No Offencebut a $200 solid state amp is the best tone you have ever had?

Have you looked into any other similar sized amps? Esp classic tube amps?

Have you ever played a Fender Princeton or Deluxe or a Pro? Esp Tweed, Brown, or Pre CBS Blackface? Or even a silverface converted to blackface specs?

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I just have a hard time believing that this is the best tone you have had. I guess I'm asking how hard have you tried to top this?

majordelt

No Offencebut a $200 solid state amp is the best tone you have ever had?

Have you looked into any other similar sized amps? Esp classic tube amps?

Have you ever played a Fender Princeton or Deluxe or a Pro? Esp Tweed, Brown, or Pre CBS Blackface? Or even a silverface converted to blackface specs?

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I just have a hard time believing that this is the best tone you have had. I guess I'm asking how hard have you tried to top this?
If this is the Vinny I think it may be, He could plug into a speaker phone and make it sound good.
Vinny, you ever stayed at the Holiday Inn Grantville Pa While in town for a GIG. And perhaps sit in with the band? You and several of your friends?

Trending Topics