Best Tonebender Mk2 copy

slegros

Of all the Tonebender Mk2 copies out there is there a consensus on which one is best? Opinions please!!!

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
D*A*M MKII or Gary hurst MKI (which is really a MKII circuit). These are both pretty expensive and the D*A*M is really hard to get. The Sweetsound Probender uses new production oc81's and the clips sound great, and the price is super reasonable so it may be your best all around pick.

jgyn

The Monsterpiece sounds fab, but isn't it really a Mk 1.5 clone (2 transistors instead of 3)?

59Vampire

Platinum Supporting Member
i like my demarco but just got a stonebender but im not home so i cant check it out. i had a dam over rated and over priced

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
i had a dam over rated and over priced

Well if a pretty much exact clone isn't what you wanted it probably was over rated. As far as overpriced, the second hand market is very ridiculous for these, but if you buy through a dealer it's a pretty fair price.

jhx

I have a D*A*M*,a Throbak Stonebender,and built my own using the BOYC kit.D*A*M* is the smoothest most exact clone of the three,Throbak is excellent very versitile.BOYC is also good, was fun to build,has OC 75,s.If you don,t want spend alot of money the BYOC is a great way to go,and if you not confident is building one they come pre built.Throbak is not cheap but made very well and well thought out,I bought mine on the page,used.Well worth the money.You see them pop up once in while.Is my favorite for tweekabilty.Is that a word? I love FUZZ,S and have many. MKII are among my favorites..Hope this give,s you some Idea,s. JHX

slegros

Any opinions on the Retroman Lola? It also looks quite quite good and sounds great from the clips(although that probably doesn't mean much).

jb1911

MonsterpieceMKII.jpg
MonsterpieceMKIIguts.jpg

I haven't heard a clip yet that sounds close to a true MKII circuit. Cool sounding fuzz, but not a true MKII tone.

Does anyone know if he'll build an exact MKII circuit? Seems like that would be the best bet for price/ quality ratio... All of his stuff looks and sounds great.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom