Best tremolo bridge for custom guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by laflamme, Mar 27, 2008.

1. laflamme

laflamme Member

Hi All,
    I have decided to build another guitar. I want to build something with everything that I have thought and dreamed about wanting in an electric guitar.

Currently I have a really cool graphite neck to use so that is complete. I am pretty certain on the pickups and the switching and all other electronics. However I want to put a tremolo bridge on the guitar. I have been thinking about the fender floyd rose designed 2 post tremolo found on the american deluxe strat LT. It has the steel saddles with the allen screw to secure the string end (you have to cut the ball off the string to put it in the bridge. However, I remember someone in the forum that was peddling a new type of tremolo bridge that is basically a fixed bridge with a tremolo. It sounded like a real cool idea. He was selling the for about 120.00.

Does anybody remember this guy?

Also, has anyone tried the Trilogy bridges?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peterlaflamme@comcast.net

2. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

I have that bridge and replaced it with a Hipshot. The hipshot looks way cooler and I don't have any tuning stability problems with my LSR roller nut and locking tuners.

3. movingpictures

movingpictures Supporting Member

TransTrem if you can find one.

4. movingpictures

movingpictures Supporting Member

That does look interesting. Might require some routing, but the price is right. Much better than my recommended Transtrem.

5. rjhalsey

rjhalsey Member

I love the Trem King. Stays in tune and very versitile!