1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Best Tremolo Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pont68, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Pont68

Pont68 Member

I've been looking at the Fulltone Supatrem and the Voodoo Labs Tremolo. Any suggestions on if the Fulltone is worth the extra money. I'll be using it through a Victoria 20112 and Carr Slant 6V.

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Toneczar Echoczar. Costs a bit more than both those. Then you can try the Moog MF-102 ring mod, which acts as a great trem, or try the ZVex tremorama. Those are all amongst the best tremolos available. I realize they cost a bit more than those you have listed, but, I think its worth it. Ofcourse Im not into tremolo pedals since my amp has the best tremolo Ive heard, and its real tube tremolo. ;)

3. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Catalinbread Semaphore tremolo.Sweet pedal!

Ted

4. Pont68

Pont68 Member

Thanks for the replies I hadn't even heard of those. I want something that is really good but I probably won't be using it alot. So I'm looking for something that is reasonably priced with good performance.

5. bushido

bushido Member

the trem on the moog isn't that great imo. i mean it sounds good, but there isn't much flexibility.

6. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Well that was just my opinion. We're all entitled to our own opinion right? The moogs certainly the most affordable of the group I listed, and he gets a ringmod.

7. $uperpuma

$uperpuma Member

Tremulus Lune from 4MS.available built or as a kit. Or there are folks around that would do it for ya...

8. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I have a Supa Trem and the Voodoo Lab tremolo amonst a few others, the Supa Trem is a very flexible very well built pedal. The Echo Czar is not a tremolo, Tone Czar's Powerglide is their tremolo, which is a nice unit to, but as a straight forward trem both the Fulltone and the Voodoo Lab, another sleeper is the BOSS TR-2 Tremolo with the Output modification from Keeley, a very warm sounding tremolo for not allot of money.

Another excellent sounding pedal, but you will have to power it with a dedicated power supply or from an isolated source like the Pedal Power is the Line 6 Tone Core Tap Tremolo, the tap feature is very handy for live situations, plus it is stereo and can do ping pong output which if you run in stereo can add some cool tones.

TheGrooveking

9. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

I know it might sound dumb, but I just picked up a Guyatone tube trem for $100, and could not believe the sound! Maybe it's just me, but if you see one around, you might want to plug it in real quick, because it's the best trem I've heard and isn't too expensive.

:) imho, of course

10. FUSER

FUSER Member

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

DOH! I mean to say powerglide! you all know that! I always think of echoczar when I think of toneczar so sometimes I end up calling all his pedals echoczars...(yes...I know.)

12. bushido

bushido Member

why would you spend $250 on a trem that doesnt have a depth control?

by the way, the demeter tremulator is pretty affordable trem that sounds incredible. my friend has one and i was able to spend quite a bit of time playing with it. i've never heard a trem that sounds so natural. i'm thinking of picking one up if i decide to sell my seek wah.

13. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

its a bit more than $250 my friend ;)...and DOES have depth control...

14. plowkraut

plowkraut Member

Empress trem (available at tonefactor) has all the bells and whistles. Might be more then you're looking for, but you get tap tempo and some other nifty options.

15. Pont68

Pont68 Member

I've been leaning toward the supatrem but I haven't been able to play any of them. I appreciate all the suggestions.

16. marcusprice

marcusprice Member

ive got the supa-trem. the best part about it (besides sounding fantastic) is you can control / adjust it all with your foot.

if i didnt care about that, id get the catalinbread semaphore.

17. Pont68

Pont68 Member

Anybody else have the Empress Trem. It looks interesting just wondering how the trem quality compares to the Fulltone.

18. R.J.H.

R.J.H. Silver Supporting Member

I've got a Cusack Tap-A-Whirl and love it. It sounds great and gives everything from smooth to choppy.

And depending on your toe dexterity you can change it up on the fly. And the option feature and tap tempo don't hurt. :AOK

19. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I guess if youre looking to spend a bit less than the Powerglide & Tremorama you could look into the cusak, Ive heard great things about them and also empress too!

20. PeelingPaint98

PeelingPaint98 Member

I'd say if price is a concern the Semaphore by Catalinbread is probably the best bang for buck trem to be had. The Cusack is pretty sweet as is the empress but in my opinion the powerglide is it's over priced, you can get more features out of a 4ms trem for equal money.