Best "true" dual OD...?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Winklin, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Winklin

Winklin Member

I'm looking for a dual OD with true independent channels.... NOT like the FD2 and others of it's kind which only offer the "B" side if the "A" side's already engaged. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2. jbird327

jbird327 Member

3. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

Mosferatu M2. You can wire it so the 2 ODs cascade or keep them stand alone as I do.

4. SkatePunk

SkatePunk Member

5. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on the Zim

The newest version of the Analogman KOT is supposed to be 2 indepedent OD's in one box (I think?) - I suppose I will know for sure one of these days - I read some scrolls that reminded me that I got on the mailing list sometime during the late Jurassic...

6. Gearhunter

Gearhunter Member

+2 on the Zim, One for each channel.:D

7. Thazy

Thazy Member

Menatone Fish Factory. Has a Red Snapper and a Blue Collar built in and both work independently or together.

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I am really diggin the Gristle King one channel is a boost, the other is a drive.
    Also, the ZIM is awesome as is the fish factory and the Dual Drive. UGGHH I guess this post doesnt help at all..... After trying all of the above though I have ended up with the Gristle King.

9. landru64

landru64 Member

landgraff dual OD-- you can get it with the LDO voiced differently (he usually does the 818 style overdrive on one side.) or you can have a mo'd + a ldo....

10. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

The Jeckle and Hyde by visual sound is two different ODs in one box. It sounds great two

Aj

11. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

Michael at MI Audio built me a custom 2 channel OD pedal called the Blue Zone.
    It's a Tube Zone on one side, and a Blue Boy on the other. It can be wired any way you want.
    Steve

12. Shawners

Shawners Member

Hey SteveVHT,
    Can you talk more about your custom MI audio?
    Which amps are you using it with.The reason I ask , I know you from HCAF
    and know you like heavier music and use high gain amps like me ..Thanks...
    ..I've been eyeing the tube zones lately , specially with the new chrome box and knobs.......laters Shawners

13. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I've got two of the Gristle Kings. One side is a clean boost and the other is the OD. One of my favorite features is the toggle switch that allows you to run the clean boost either before or after the OD.

14. dre

dre Member

Diamond j-drive tr.

dre

15. Winklin

Winklin Member

Thanks everyone. I've been curious about the Zim and it's "cards". I've tried a single Mosferatu before and it's not really my thing. The Dual Drive looks and sounds tempting, but is it truly dual channel, or more like an FD2 where you can switch between the two modes or bypass the box, but can't get to the second channel without already being in the first?
    Can't deal with the wait on the KOT, or the price on the Landgraff. I know the Fish Factory would probably do what I'm after, but I've used Mena's pedals for a long time and would like to try something new.
    The Gristle King sounds promising, but I haven't found a seller with one in stock. Also curious about the Burriss Boostiest -- any comment on this pedal? Sure appreciate the help.

16. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

Order mods 1-3 and enjoy! Best modded TS9 out there, IMO. The dual tri-mode mod is really cool and can take you right out of TS9 territory and into a fantastic clean boost. Major versatility and 2 drives in one!

http://www.wpa.net/~vaughn/ts9/ts9.html

17. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    A modded TS-9 still has than same "listen to your highs disappear when you step on it" attribute, no matter who does the magical mods.

A big vote for the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube as a true, 2 channel (with a volume and drive control for each) OD. This is today's favorite (actually, about a month now) after having been through about 10 other OD pedals.

18. TimH

TimH Member

Jekyl and Hyde. Great pedal! I don't know why I don't have one....

19. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Just go directly to his web site. I think they're $209 direct.

20. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Demeter Dual Overdrive... two completely seperate Demeter Overdrives in one package, each with a Si/Ge transistor switch, and they can be cascaded or used seperately.

[​IMG]

Plus it has a beautiful swankbox finish... definately my favorite Drive pedal... its like a mixture between a great drive pedal and a fuzz... it retains definition and has an incredible bottom end. Its the end all for my drive quests. Reminds me of the BJF BBOD with a little more sag and fuzz... but not by much!

-TJK