• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best two button OD/Boost Pedal???

sixstring531

Silver Supporting Member
I have a TREX Moller and love the boost side and like the OD side.

What other options are out there? What is the best two button OD/Boost where the boost is independent like the Moller?

I need the boost to be completely independent (like Moller, not like FDII)

So.........suggestions? Again, love the Moller but not too sure its the best light OD for my new Bluesbreaker.

Guinness Lad

I'd suggest the KOT. You can set the yellow channel to be a lot louder (or the same volume) then the red channel. The yellow side works well for clean solos. You could also use the yellow side to boost the red channel (which has more gain) for a lot of output and saturation.

covertops

Check out the options available for the Barber Dual Discrete. Basically 2 independant drives in one box, custom spec'd and stackable. I have a couple of David's pedals and they're excellent.

mcerreta

try the t-rex dr-swamp, the newer version has a volume and a tone knob for each side so it's essentially 2 pedals in one

Droptop

Gold Supporting Member
I'd suggest the KOT. You can set the yellow channel to be a lot louder (or the same volume) then the red channel. The yellow side works well for clean solos. You could also use the yellow side to boost the red channel (which has more gain) for a lot of output and saturation.
May want to get on the weight list. It takes 2 years (been there, done that) and the pedal ends up costing around $275. I love having the two activated to shape the tone a bit.

Andy J.

I only tried the Moller briefly in a music store, seemed good. I myself have, use and love the Z Vex Box of Rock, which, despite being called a distortion, really excels at being a medium-gain overdrive.

Seeing that you've used and liked the Moller, I second the notion that you should get on the list for a KoT; I recently received one of those and have only scratched the surface of what kinds of tones this one can achieve, it really is a great box.

Fireball XL5

Silver Supporting Member
Seeing that your amp is a Bluesbreaker, I'll second the ZVex Box Of Rock. That pedal is specifically designed for, and works best with a Marshall. Great independent boost on it as well.

I have a TREX Moller and love the boost side and like the OD side.

What other options are out there? What is the best two button OD/Boost where the boost is independent like the Moller?

I need the boost to be completely independent (like Moller, not like FDII)

So.........suggestions? Again, love the Moller but not too sure its the best light OD for my new Bluesbreaker.
Diamond JDrives should be considered, especially the TR's.

sixstring531

Silver Supporting Member
Played with the Moller again last night. Think it still has some life on my board. Any other suggestions are welcome, but I'm smitten.

Trending Topics