Best UHF wireless guitar sys?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crunchyriff, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

Okay gang- I was just recently informed that our touring group "will have NO cables onstage"...period...so I'm sucking it up and putting my best foot fwd. It's been over 10 years since I used a wireless- I just love good cables; so I've been out of touch with this stuff. We have spent about $8k on a good in-ear wireless monitor system (for the four of us); so what's considered top-drawer guitar wireless? "X-Wire" is the only thing I can think of, and they are no longer being made. Naturally, I want something that's as close to cables as possible.

We are a national/international touring group, so the 'budget' $200 system isn't going to exactly cut it.

Your advice and counsel would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

3. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

Okay I'll up the ante:

I'm pitting the Sennheiser EW372G2 UHF system against the AudioTechnica 4000 UHF system...

anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

Frye?

4. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

Last time I went crazy trying to find a wireless system was about 2 years ago so I might not be up to date, but I'll just say that I'm still using a cable.
    If you find a good one please post here, also I'm sure you're aware the regulations for wireless differ from country to country.
    Good luck finding one, and please post your results.

5. LOCUSTFIST

LOCUSTFIST Member

i use all sennheiser wireless and in-ear wireless an i have not had a problem with any of it.

my favorite thing is that all the packs and handhelds take AA and that has saved me a ton of $ over the usual 9v. add up a dozen mics and packs at four bucks per 9v twice a week for a year...!!

6. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

Okay, H-2 I'll keep you updated.

Locusfist- which Senn. system are you using for your guitars?

FWIW I'm also looking at Sony.

Thanks for responding, guys. It's a start!

7. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

yeah, i hear good stuff about the senn. too

8. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I went through the same jazz 2 years ago trying to find a wireless that sounded as good as my Alessandro cables...I'm still using the cables, but I'd also appreciate any info anyone can find for a great wireless guitar system...

9. redmax61

redmax61 Member

I bought a Sennheiser G2 system a couple of months ago, and I absolutely love it! I haven't heard so much as a peep other than my bass since day one.