Best under 40 watt combo for $800 or less!!

sector9

I need help picking out a new production tube combo amp for under 800 bucks. Im looking for somethig with that sweet fender clean and wet reverb since i mostly play surf instro. Id like to stay under 40 watts since i play mostly in the basement, 20 watts would prob. be plenty. I know silverface fenders are good deals, but im worried about buying an older amp off ebay. Any ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated! thanks

billdurham

Look around for a 40 watt, single 12 Peavey XXX combo. Clean for days, crunch if you want it and gain if you want that too. There is a version with digital effects built in thats pretty sweet too. They don't make them anymore, so it would have to be a used amp.

BD

fjs1962

Silver Supporting Member
picnic said:
Get a used Deluxe Reverb RI add a speaker upgrade and JJ's

+1 on this. I can't imagine a better surf amp in that price range than a Deluxe Reverb RI.

dbx

Silver Supporting Member
Caught a surf band this weekend (at a ski resort of all places), lead was on a Deluxe Reverb, and the rhythm was on a Showman (a huge head/cab setup), very deep 'verb but both had outboard Fender Reverb units so I wasn't able to tell what was generating most of the reverb...

cale0906

Liquid Quarter said:
I have seen "used" Fender BFSR Reissues go for $750-$800. Good amps for the money. Great 'verb, too.

LQ
+1 for The SRRI , i have a both SRRI and DRRI and i much prefer the Super although heavier

Trending Topics

Top Bottom