• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

best value pitch shifter.

JimH

Morning all,

I'm looking for a standard compact (BOSS type) pitch shifter for changing keys to songs - I realise this will mean 100% processed signal - ie I play a G and an A comes out of my amp. Is there a standard go to unit that everybody knows and loves? or am I dreaming?

...Harmonist type extras are welcome too but the primary function is being able to pitch shift by semitone increments.

Thanks,
Jim

drolling

I've been thru' a bunch of these (YAMAHA, BOSS, DigiTech) and they all sound like ass. Those big, expensive Eventide rack units sound pretty good, tho'. The new Eventide pedals are supposed to contain some of the same hardware/software in a stripped down, enconomic package..

Moe45673

Nothing, and I mean nothing, cheap will get you there. If you want a glitchy as hell sound, the Boss will do it or an EHX HOG. Otherwise, you'll need to spend serious coin

JimH

Thanks guys. pretty much as suspected - never had anything that worked before for cheap.

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like you might need something polyphonic if I understand you correctly. You said you wanted to change keys of songs, which I'm understanding to mean you play everything however you are comfortable, but can select the key with the pedal. Kind of like a keyboardist can do with their rig. Most of the stomps I'm aware of are monophonic and won't handle more than one pitch at a time.

A Roland GR synth rig or VG system might be worth looking at, or one of the modeling guitars that will let you create your own customized tunings might do the trick for you too.

Trending Topics