Best Vibe Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jet8425, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jet8425

jet8425 Member

I'm in the market for a good vibe pedal. I was looking at getting the Fulltone Mini Dejavibe, the MJM Sixties Vibe, or the Dunlop Rotovibe (if I can find one!). Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions for other pedals that I might need to take a look at? Thanks

2. wesv

wesv Member

I think you cant go wrong with the mini deja vibe or the mjm 60's. Both fine pedals.

There are other options but you'll end up confusing yourself and start looking for little intricacies and doing your head in!

3. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Keep in mind the mjm is a huge pedal

4. jet8425

jet8425 Member

Do you have the dimensions or any pics of it with some "normal" pedals so I can see if i have enough space on my board? Youtube videos make it hard to judge sometimes

5. ARC Effects

ARC Effects Member

I really like the fulltone

6. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

Not a huge vibe man, but I've tried the Fulltone and the KR Mega Vibe and prefer the Megavibe hands down.

7. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

8. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Not true, I have a mini version and it fits fine on any pedalboard. Most true reverse engineered copies of a Univibe are large pedals. The MJM is the truest sounding one in a reasonably sized package.

9. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

Best of the best from what I've tried...

"Transparent" Vibe -- BJFe or Bearfoot Mighty Green MiniVibe
    "Phasey/Phat" Vibe -- FoxRox Aquavibe
    True Uni-Vibe Clone -- Castledine Supra-vibe

10. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

I've tried a few different Fulltone vibes, and the Sweetsound MojoVibe gets my vote over any of them.

11. bettset

bettset Member

the foxrox is fantsatic. i like the mjm too. the dry bell is everything you see in burgs' video. the jhs is pretty good, but with one of my amps it has a volume drop.......don't know why. there is no best. whichever one works the best with our amp is the one you'll want :munch

12. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

MJM mini Vibes are now available. I recently sold my old custom. And made a comparison with my friend's original, before saying goodbye. :(

13. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

14. x-ray specs

x-ray specs Member

Yeah, but isn't the guy who makes the Megavibes a con-artist? Didn't he rip off a bunch of peolple who spent their hard earned cash on one of his pedals? I wouldn't deal with him if you paid me.

15. Stratm69

Stratm69 Member

These come from Japan and are just shy from the cost of an original... An original would be a much better investment.

Other than that, get a Fulltone Deja Vibe. Crank the trim-pot all the way up and you have the original Uni-Vibe throb and sound. Fulltone sets them stock on a very subtle setting, all you need to do is turn the internal trim-pot all the way up and the sound will be 100% accurate.

16. Yunpac

Yunpac Member

One vote for the Retroman UberVibe. I've had a Full tone DejaVibe mini 2, MojoVibe, VersaVibe. Love the Uber - a really heavy throb and tons of knobs to tweak.

17. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

OP, I was deciding between those same 3 vibes last year. I went with the Fulltone MDV-2, which I am very happy with. I wasn't able to try the MJM or Rotovibe in person unfortunately, but I've heard the roto's bypass isn't great. I love the treadle control on mine, but I'm sure you can't lose with the MJM either.

I've always been worried I might mess mine up if I tweaked the trim pot, but I am curious about how it would affect the sound. Is it easy to mark the 'stock' position, or at least find your way back easily?

Usually I tweak trims first thing, but my vibe is one of my more expensive pedals, and it sounds great as is.

18. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

Here is the very first Mega vibe serial #1
    http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81466&p=796896#p796896

I owned one of the fist ten, looked like this one with the slightley darker paint. It was made with NOS parts and sounded amazing.

I suppose so. These do sound good however.

19. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

I love the Vibe in my Capt. CoCoNut. FoxRox did an excellent job on that one.

20. jet8425

jet8425 Member