Best "vintage Vox" sounding new wah pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spitshineguitars, May 18, 2011.

1. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Honestly fella there are almost 600 different wahs out there to chose from.A Large majority are based on the Vox/Thomas organ circuit.Vox Crybaby,same animal when you are talking Vintage. Vox sounding? Literally 100's of examples.I think discofreq's has most of them listed.Some are from the original design( personally never heard 2 that sounded alike) others from someone elses idea of the original design like the Univibe clones..There are some really killer clones out there that came and went pretty fast too,reason being to me they were priced over $300 for the basic wah.They all suffered from the same issues that haunted all of us back in the day too. As for New Vox sounding wahs,I chose RMC.I feel comfortable recommending them because I have used them for so many years now.I will also be the first to recommend a Dunlop Dimebag or classic,or a Vox 847 or 845 to a new wah player.God knows Colorsound,Korg,Tycobrahe and Maestro sold a ton of wahs and they sound nothing like a Thomas/Vox brand.Not everyone likes that sound. Vox sounding wah? The market is flooded with them.

2. stopreferencing

stopreferencing Member

Calling out everyone on this site (and many others) who assesses the quality of gear without having used it would be a full-time endeavor, man.

Which is, of course, not to say that's what happened here.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Probably. Love the Band link.Thanks

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

i had fulltone deluxe rmc pic and wizard
    sold the fulltone and kept pic and wizard
    very good sounding pedal try one
    especially if you found the old grey box RMC pic wah used
    then take it

5. Stratm69

Stratm69 Member

You should also check out the BBE Wah.

BBE used to have a killer clip of it online playing Cream's 'White Room' through a Marshall. It sounded absolutely great and nailed it. I would suggest trying it in person first though.