• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best Wah under $150?

Currently I'm using an older (late 80's, early 90's) CryBaby that's been acting up recently and honestly doesn't sound that great. Any suggestions for a really good in the under $150 price range?

I prefer something less harsh, but still enough sweep to get good funky tones.

I've been thinking of picking up a used Fulltone Clyde Std.

I use a budda bud wah. Love it. Was more useable than my 400+ Musicians Sound Design Earthquake wah or whatever the f it was called lol..

check out the budda wah.

Slackerprince

I got the 535Q because of all the different adjustments. Very versatile and reasonably priced.
You can find them used for cheap, too.

s

bt2513

+1 For Budda

I also like my BYOC wah kit... I have dual switchable inductors and customized tone controls for range, Q, etc. All in all, I think it was under $150.

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
The Budda is very smooth. You;ll have to go used to get under $150 tough. I have one and love it.

The BBE Wah has an adjustable Q that can make it sound similar to the Budda or more vocal like a Vox. It can be had for just under $100 new via amazon.com. I also have one and also love it.

I like my vox 847a, but it might be a bit bright for some, but i run my amp with some treble rolled off.
My sound is already pretty bright, G&L George Fullerton Strat into a DRRI with a Fulltone OCD for overdrive, that's why I wanted something less brittle sounding since my current wah gets pretty icepicky in the toe position.

jimtaka

I'd pick up that used Fulltone Clyde that you mentioned.
I had a Deluxe which I think is the same as the standard in the Jimi position. If you are wanting something that isn't harsh, you'll need to do a little tweaking to the Fulltone imo. I got rid of my Deluxe because it had a really sharp and biting top end. After I got rid of it I was made aware that this can be adjusted, though. That being said, I absolutely loved the sound of the Clyde otherwise and it was seriously built like a tank. So I would recommend a Fulltone but you might have to do some adjusting to take out that icepick scream.

ecm1117

Another vote for the Dunlop 535Q. I've had mine for 4 years and haven't felt the need to look for something else.

Bruce Bennett

a regular old crybaby .. add a red fasel inductor and change out c5 to a .022 and your in business. total cost is about 65.00 if you go used and 99.00 if you go new.

a regular old crybaby .. add a red fasel inductor and change out c5 to a .022 and your in business. total cost is about 65.00 if you go used and 99.00 if you go new.
Well, I already have a Crybaby, looks like the Red Fasel inductor is only about $17, that's cheap if it makes it sound good.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
The Custom Audio Electronics MC-404 looks pretty nice, kinda sorta in your price range. I've heard nice things about those pedals. A Fulltone Wah is a great piece of gear, that's what I use and after you get use to the travel - and you will have a comfort curve coming from the Crybaby - you'll find it extremely quiet and musical. I have the internal trimpot dialed back to be like an old Vox and it's a lot of fun. One of the best wahs being made today.

bgoez

Stratocasters are my downfall!
Gold Supporting Member
I'd say give it a try. nothing really to lose but about $20 bucks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom