• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best way to DI/slave from an amp?

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
A friend wants some info on how to run through fx, with standard, 1/4" input/output, then out to the PA, from his guitar amp.

H&K Redbox or the Behringer equivalent, as DI's, are fine, but they offer only XLR, balanced outs.

Is there a DI box suitable for speaker connection, with instrument level, 1/4" non TRS, high impedance, outs?

Do I have to build an addon box to wire the XLR to 1/4?:messedup
Fewer connections and devices would be much better.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Look for the Cab-Tone. It has 1/4 out , XLR out, speaker sim or not, phase inversion. It'd be perfect. Got mine at Mesa store in Hollywood. (Not a load box)

jdh

Tone Terrific,
If you are handy with a soldering iron Jensen Transformers has the perfect circuit. The one thing about this process is the signal slaved-out will have the treble boosted beyond belief, so some sort of low pass filter/high frequency attenuator is required. The best thing about putting a transformer in the signal path is all chances of ground loops will be completely eliminated.
Dennis

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
No power attenuator required, or wanted, and the Redbox already has cabinet compensation and an iso xfer to XLR, but I want hi impedance available to single conductor 1/4" without any rebuilding or extra gadgets.
It seems weird that these things have no 1/4 line out.

cap47

It depends what you want to do. I run a stereo DD-7 and plug a line from "B" output to a second amp input or if I just want to record my amp, I run it into my M-Audio Fast Track 1/4 input from that same output. Works great for me!

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Why is unbalanced and 1/4" a requirement? It's always better to use a balanced output.
You can use a XRL to 1/4" adapter though if you want to...

Gary Brennan

Platinum Supporting Member
You can use one of the impedence converter xlr to 1/4" plug connectors on the RedBox output, it works fine, I do it all the time.

GB

Gary Brennan

Platinum Supporting Member
I use a double female 1/4" coupler after the xlr to 1/4" plug converter cable, and then regular guitar cords of any length.

GB

Trending Topics