• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best way to record band practice

Pointbreakd

What is the best way to record my band practice? We record in a big room with no computer etc. Its basically an open classroom at my college. So its just amps and a drum kit. We put a microphone through an amp as well for vocals.

The criteria is it has to be CHEAP and must have decent sound quality.

PintoMusic

I have this old stereo mic from Radio Shack that I used to plug into this 1970's Sony tape deck that I used to use for mic'ing practices. It worked out really well because that Sony tape deck had a built-in limiter on it. It let me have a consistent level and a stereo image.

I think that Sony makes a similar stereo mic now. I'm sure you can use that with any component tape deck or mini-disc player that has L/R mic inputs.

MichaelK

Originally posted by PintoMusic
I think that Sony makes a similar stereo mic now. I'm sure you can use that with any component tape deck or mini-disc player that has L/R mic inputs.
Bingo. I was going to suggest mini disk.

Slydemann

Mini discs are great. It's simple and with a decent microphone you can get a great sound if it's well placed. I'll never go back to cassette. I've made a few live recordings that I would actually put out.

MichaelK

Originally posted by Pointbreakd
we ended up getting a 16 track recorder...
Seeing as you asked the question over three months ago, I suspected you'd already done something by now.

Trending Topics