• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best/Worst Companies you've dealt with?

JKelley9

As the title states,

What have been the best and worst companies you've had dealings with? I'm sure a lot of brands have good and/or bad products, but what about after purchase contact? Has a company went out of your way to help you in a decision even if it meant you didn't purchase their product?

I was reading another article on here and thought this could make for an interesting story to give someone your +1 or -1 review on the matter.

I'm going to say +1 for Avatar Speakers

I purchased a 2x12 contemporary from them and decided to make a change a week or so later on the color. It wasn't a problem at all and the product turned out just the way I wanted.

Sorry if this is a repeat topic, but I searched and didn't see another

Wayne Alexander

Gold Supporting Member
Lava Cable
Scumback
65Amps
BadCat Amps
WCR pickups
MJT
Musikraft
Keeley
just to name a few.

Last edited:

Alder Statesman

I had an excellent experience with Fender when a three year old amp failed under warranty. The amp was out of production and I ended up with a newer model that sells for much more than the faulty unit.

I also am a big fan of my local Guitar Center who has handled replacements and returns with no hassles.

chillybilly

Nice list:
Bad Cat Amps (and I don't even have mine yet ;))
Fulltone
Janglebox

Naughty list:
Music123 - shady and evasive

flea

I've had great experiences with Zvex, and Cusack. Both fixed pedals that I had owned for several years, without any cost to me. Danocaster has been very easy to work with also.

ropiyas

I've had a great experience with Hermida. Sent him an old (well..."original") Zendrive that I bought used on ebay and he fixed it at no cost, no questions asked. E-mail communication was impeccable. Prompt response, etc., etc., etc.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a great experience with Hermida. Sent him an old (well..."original") Zendrive that I bought used on ebay and he fixed it at no cost, no questions asked. E-mail communication was impeccable. Prompt response, etc., etc., etc.
He doesn't make them anymore does he?

27sauce

I honestly can't think of any companies that I've had trouble with.

Gibson
Zvex
Analogman
Souldier
Weber
D'Addario
Winfield

Those are the only brands I've had relationships with. All stellar.

stratplayer17

Good:
MJT
Matchless
Guitar Center (online)
KCA
Suhr

Bad:
Fender. Which kills me because I own and love 7 of them, and there won't be an 8th.

slybird

To me the best customer service is when you never need to contact them, but when you do need it's great to have quick response.

Only has happened three times that I dealt with a music gear manufacture directly and all within the last two or three years.

With Mesa it was just a simple question through email about fan removal on a power amp I purchased 15 years prior. The reply was next day prompt. The experience was excellent.

With Quilter it was a phone call. Again simple question about amp I just got home. No problems. I think I may have been talking to the main guy himself, but I'm not sure. Conversation was less than three or four minutes.

I emailed Eminence prior to purchase. The reply was not exactly prompt, but within a week. They did answer my rather vague questions as best as they could. Their speakers are great and wouldn't hesitate to buy more if I ever need.

stratocat63

Silver Supporting Member
I have had very nice experiences with Weber and Greer this year. TA Weber allowed me to send a speaker that I bought used back and tweaked it for me and return shipped it at his company's expense, Nick Greer did the same with a pedal.

The people at Marine Metal, who make aerators and pumps for bait tanks, aquariums, etc, were very nice also.

gmann

MJT
Weber
Rumpelstiltskin Pickups
Wolfetone
Creamtone

These are all companies I've had great experiences with. There are others to be sure but these guys are among the standouts for me.

Last edited:

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Voodoo Lab. Got a used PP2+, an output didn't work, and they fixed it for free. I just had to pay shipping to them.

Electro Harmonix. Flat $25 fee to fix my microsynth, and they sent me a new one, but with my bottom plate/Velcro on it.

oildrops

Best: Sierra Designs, Hennessy Hammock have both fixed or replaced camping gear for me
Worst: Bank of America, tried to screw me

Oh wait, guitars. Okay. BYOC is great. Some of the best customer service/ communication/ support I've experienced.

Guitar Center, I've had a hassle with returns
Tube Depot has messed up almost every order I've placed

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Right now Reverb is on my sh*t list.

Sigler Music is exceptionally good, as is Mojotone.
Mesa/Boogie continues to set the bar excellence.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NJ, by far. We paid $546 a month for health coverage during my daughter's pregnancy, were one day late with one payment due to the post office not delivering the check that we over nighted in time, and they refused to pay her hospital costs when the baby was born. I was on the phone with four different people for an hour and forty minutes and got nowhere. I would love to sue them.

Che_Guitarra

Best:
The guy that builds the Sustainiac systems
Warmoth
Analogman

Worst:
Large retailers. Not going to mention specific ones.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom