• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best / Worst Vendor Websites?

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
i was surprised when trying to buy a Cusack pedal from their site:

http://cusackmusic.com

You can't navigate the site at all on an iPhone, and on a PC it's still not the easiest.

Any other really good or bad sites (look, navigation, ease of use)?

Sparkfriction

Why? It's a valid discussion point.
Really? I think it's hard to make it out what's the real problem. User, device, OS, browser, knowledge... Sorry. Sure some webpages are hard to navigate and sometimes eye attacking. But I don't get the point of making lists with good/bad webpages. Some of them will change... Some have simply a ****** shop behind... Some looks ugly but have the better options and more gear or better prices.

I am an it guy and I think it depends on your needs. If I want to order some new stuff I have to go through the jungle. But I would not ask "what's the best way to order if" because it will maybe change till i order next time. It's a pain, but if it gives me the item I want at the right money...

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Really? I think it's hard to make it out what's the real problem. User, device, OS, browser, knowledge... Sorry. Sure some webpages are hard to navigate and sometimes eye attacking. But I don't get the point of making lists with good/bad webpages. Some of them will change... Some have simply a ****** shop behind... Some looks ugly but have the better options and more gear or better prices.

I am an it guy and I think it depends on your needs. If I want to order some new stuff I have to go through the jungle. But I would not ask "what's the best way to order if" because it will maybe change till i order next time. It's a pain, but if it gives me the item I want at the right money...
It's just a discussion. I think you're reading into it way too much. I was just interested in how user friendly others thought some websites were since each individual has his/her own preferences.

Cruciform

You've never visited their website on a mobile or ipad have you, total frustration.
*shrugs* Looks alright on my phone. It loads up the mobile site and has a button in the upper right hand corner that allows you to navigate to each pedal easily. Of course I'm sure it's not 100% on all platforms.

Screen shot here:

https://i.imgur.com/QFFAzBP.png

Apparently the board doesn't resize extra large images.

Sparkfriction

It's just a discussion. I think you're reading into it way too much. I was just interested in how user friendly others thought some websites were since each individual has his/her own preferences.
I see... I did get it wrong/different... Sorry for the dislike post.

rck

I'll go with Guitar Center as needing their website updated. The pics for products are usually limited as well as description of product. Prices are sometimes listed incorrectly as when you click on a item to bring up the product page, the price will be different. The layout of the site in general is real generic and nothing pops out at me.

I like Sweetwater's site for all the aspects mentioned above: multiple pics, accurate product description, most all specs are included, easy to read layout and different depts/sections are easy to navigate.

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
Yap, cusackmusic is terrible! I had to leave the site the couple of times I went looking for info.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Another goofy one was Lava Cables. I went to order a couple of connectors via PayPal and it wouldn't show me the shipping charges until I was checking out on the PayPal site.

analogmike

analogman.com is best (in 1995)
still has tons of useful info though for people who want hard info, not just pictures and smooth selling hype.

Buyanalogman.com works ok on mobile devices, though our shopping cart vendor doesn't do a great job with that.