Better sounding Dual Overdrive Pedal than BB Plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratman0602, Sep 24, 2008.

1. stratman0602

stratman0602 Member

I've been playing my Xotic BB Plus for a couple of months now and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with it so far. Channel B sounds very good but Channel A sounds a bit muddy as well as it loses some of the bass frequency when engaged. When stacking Channel B into Channel A, it doesn't sound good at all. Has anyone else experienced the same issues with a BB Plus? Are there other dual overdrive pedals that sound better in your honest opinion?

2. duanesworld

duanesworld Member

I have one of the bb+ and a analogman kotv4. For me the kotv4 just kills it. it is double the price, and doesn't have the gain the bb does. but it just sounds like a natural extension of your amp . and fattens and pushes your amp amazingly. If thats what your looking for. if your looking for something that adds a little more flavor to your tone then the kotv isn't it. Mike

3. dsj

dsj Member

4. dsj

dsj Member

5. tng

tng Member

I haven't used a bb plus so far (but I do have an AC Plus and like it) but did you consider the Okko Diablo +gain?
    It's nice dual overdrive pedal which can even be pushed into some distortion. It's build by a guy in Europe/Germany (Heiko). He is a good guy to talk/write to and discuss things. I am happy with the okko diablo.
    Due to the $/Euro excahnge rate it's "somehow" pricy - 239 Euro.
    Listen to the samples, perhaps it's the pedal you're after.

Here's a link:

http://www.stompbox.de/diablo_english.html

Cheers,
    tng