1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Better sounding Dual Overdrive Pedal than BB Plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratman0602, Sep 24, 2008.

1. stratman0602

stratman0602 Member

I've been playing my Xotic BB Plus for a couple of months now and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with it so far. Channel B sounds very good but Channel A sounds a bit muddy as well as it loses some of the bass frequency when engaged. When stacking Channel B into Channel A, it doesn't sound good at all. Has anyone else experienced the same issues with a BB Plus? Are there other dual overdrive pedals that sound better in your honest opinion?

2. duanesworld

duanesworld Member

I have one of the bb+ and a analogman kotv4. For me the kotv4 just kills it. it is double the price, and doesn't have the gain the bb does. but it just sounds like a natural extension of your amp . and fattens and pushes your amp amazingly. If thats what your looking for. if your looking for something that adds a little more flavor to your tone then the kotv isn't it. Mike

3. dsj

dsj Member

4. dsj

dsj Member

5. tng

tng Member

I haven't used a bb plus so far (but I do have an AC Plus and like it) but did you consider the Okko Diablo +gain?
    It's nice dual overdrive pedal which can even be pushed into some distortion. It's build by a guy in Europe/Germany (Heiko). He is a good guy to talk/write to and discuss things. I am happy with the okko diablo.
    Due to the $/Euro excahnge rate it's "somehow" pricy - 239 Euro.
    Listen to the samples, perhaps it's the pedal you're after.

Here's a link:

http://www.stompbox.de/diablo_english.html

Cheers,
    tng