Better than I deserve! I'm FINISHED!

Fender66

Brother (and Sister) TGPers......

I have finally hit the end of my quest! I have completed the construction on my pedal board and my last pedal arrives tomorrow. I have my GL cable/ supplies and will start drilling/wiring tomorrow. I've played with a few signal chains, but wanted to avoid any wrongdoings before I complete. Here is my signal chain that I think I am going to use. If you think I'm doing something wrong...please let me know. I'll be the first to admit that my gear is far better than my skills....but now I have time to better my skills. Thanks in advance!

In this order:

Guitar
Wah
Vol Pedal-Tuner

Foxrox Octron

TrueBypass Loop 1: Box of Rock > Keeley BD2

Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Keeley Fuzzface
CE2

TrueBypass Loop 2: Red Witch > Discumbobulator

True Bypass Loop 3: DD5 > Line 6 DL4

Holy Grail
AMP

Again...thanks!

Peace,

Fender66

Lots of ridicule....(of course I'd do the same I guess)...but no advice?

Where's the love?

Peace,

markom89

yeah. I thought I was "finished" a few times... even made a few threads about it. ha. congrats :rolleyes:

Fender66

Still no remarks (other than the sarcastic)????? I'm either way off base, or dead on?????

Peace,

Jon

Still no remarks (other than the sarcastic)????? I'm either way off base, or dead on?????

Peace,

You don't want all those rubbish pedals...you want to plug straight into the amp & do it all with your hands like a proper musician!

There..wasn't that helpful? :D

Actually I have tried doing exactly that - it's a bit like going out without any underwear...a sudden sense of freedom, but not terribly practical in the long run.

Fender66

You don't want all those rubbish pedals...you want to plug straight into the amp & do it all with your hands like a proper musician!

There..wasn't that helpful? :D

Actually I have tried doing exactly that - it's a bit like going out without any underwear...a sudden sense of freedom, but not terribly practical in the long run.

Thanks Jon. Not quite as helpful as I'd hoped. :jo Guess I have all these pedals to make me sound (not play) better than I actually am. Reality sucks sometimes....but I'm not so afraid of it.

Peace,

drod2045

My only suggestion would be to not have your tuner come out of the tuner out jack from the vol pedal. it sucks some tone. i didnt think it was a ton of tone suck, but it does take away from your picking/attack enough for me to opt to not go that route

Fender66

My only suggestion would be to not have your tuner come out of the tuner out jack from the vol pedal. it sucks some tone. i didnt think it was a ton of tone suck, but it does take away from your picking/attack enough for me to opt to not go that route

Wow...that's one I've not heard. Would you put it in the chain somewhere??? But. that seems to me like it might be sucking the same tone you mention. Thanks for being the first to offer advice.

Peace,

BBQLS1

Finished! :roll

[SIZE=-1]:nono[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] You can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave! [/SIZE]

Ozro4

Guitar
Wah
Vol Pedal-Tuner

Foxrox Octron

Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Keeley Fuzzface
CE2

Holy Grail
AMP

Peace,

Personally, I put my vol pedal as the last thing except for delay and reverb. So I guess I would suggest putting it between loop 2 and 3 if that's possible - I don't know anything about loopers.

Also, I don't like the Holy Grail much, good sound but too much noise. But that's just a personal thing. If it works for you, awesome.

Hope that helps some.

dk123123dk

Guitar
Wah
Vol Pedal-Tuner

Foxrox Octron

Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
Keeley Fuzzface
CE2

Holy Grail
AMP

How bout:

Guitar
Fuzz
Octron
Box of Rock

Loop #1 Blues Driver

Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808

TrueBypass Loop 2: CE-2 > Red Witch > Discumbobulator

True Bypass Loop 3: Volume (tuner) > DD5 > Line 6 DL4 > holy Grail

Amp

Here is my reasoning. Fuzzes generally like to be first in the chain for dynamics. I pulled the BOR out of the loop because I thought it was True Bypass? Not sure. I put the ce-2 in the second loop cause I'm not sure if it has true bypass. I placed the volume in loop 3 to help with tone suck, and before the delays for cool swells and such. I also popped the Holy Grail in the loop cause I'm not sure of the bypass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Its hard for others to arrange your board. It depends on what you use each pedal for, and how often you use it, etc. I would say just keep messing around until YOU are happy. Who cares what a bunch of strangers online think...

dk

Trending Topics

Top Bottom