• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Better Than Soldano HR50+???

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
What amp is better than the Soldano Hot Rod 50 Plus for $1200 or less used?
Type of music is blues to metal, anything that rocks.
Guitars are Gibson Les Paul with SD Antiquity/Seth Lover and G&L Legacy with SD Lil Screamin Demon bridge.
Preferably big bottle tubes.
The reason I ask is: I have an opportunity to sale my Soldano, and I could use the $$$ for a down payment on a house.
But...I really dig this amp. I don't hate anything about it. It sounds open, goes from clean to all out distortion, and gets the best violin-like sound I've ever had from a guitar. If I would change anything it would be to have separate eq for the 2 channels, and to have a pedal-friendly loop that came after the tone knobs. Bout it.
I like this amp better than any Mesa I've ever played, better than the Peavey 5150/6505, and think it sounds better than the Orange amps out. I had a Zinky Mofo that could give the Soldano a run for the money. The new EVH 5150 III is killer, but a bit out of the price range.
Someday soon after closing on a house, I'll be back in the market for an amp. Any ideas on something better, or is this the best deal for the $$$?

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I regret the day I sold my HR50+... I sold it to pay for my honey moon! So I regret my wife for making me sell that beautiful head!!! HAHA

Seriously... it was one of the best sounding amps I've ever played. I've been trying to find a pedal to help my Fender tube amp sound like a Soldano... I've even put the same 5881 Sovtek power tubes in my Deville to try and get back to that tone. Oh well.

soldano16

It was my #1 amp for many years. If old Marshalls didn't exist, that's the amp I'd be playing.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Damn, you guys are killing me. I might have to rethink selling...

Other input???

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I regret the day I sold my HR50+... I sold it to pay for my honey moon! So I regret my wife for making me sell that beautiful head!!! HAHA

Seriously... it was one of the best sounding amps I've ever played. I've been trying to find a pedal to help my Fender tube amp sound like a Soldano... I've even put the same 5881 Sovtek power tubes in my Deville to try and get back to that tone. Oh well.
I've done my fair share of silly things for "love". I was usually toasted, and regret is a great word. :)

Ever try the GTO pedal?

Trending Topics