Between Rockett Blue Note and Wampler Euphoria...or even Dual Fusion

fahrner

or even Dual Fusion? What would you choose and why?
I'd choose the DF cause I already have the BN and Euph.
If I had to choose between those two, it would be the BN cause that's the sound I'm after most times. But I won't be giving up the euphoria any time soon.

mysterious1s

Wow, tough choice man! I just recently picked up both and LOVING both, especially stacked together. You need both. :aok

wahahaka

As far as transparency, many people think BN is very transpent. Personally I have not tried those pedals so I'm not sure how they compare.

If I can make the decision today then I can take advantage of the prymaxe sale...

foo_3001

I have the Blue Note,

Haven´t played the Euphoria but I highly recommend the Blue Note, it´s one of the best ODs I´ve yet to play.

mysterious1s

They are both transparent pedals for sure but IMO, in the middle position of the Euphoria, it is a little more transparent than the BN, which is not necessarily a good thing or bad, just depends on what YOU like. Having compared them directly side by side for a few days now I have found that the BN adds just the slightest bit of coloration.

As I have mentioned before though, with my rig, it took me a while to dial in the Euphoria. Once I realised that I needed the bass knob almost completely off I fell in love with the pedal. I actually hated it with the base up, made it sound buzzy and flubby. The blue note however was very easy to dial in and sounds good no matter how I dial in the settings.

Trust me though, you would not be disappointed with either one.

ari

I'm sure many of you have seen it, but here's Bergs comparing the two.

ari

richpjr

Tried them both and came home with the Blue Note. Honestly, I'd be happy with either of them.

DRS

Resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. I have a gift certificate. I can buy one decent pedal. I have already started a Blue Note vs Archer thread so I'll leave that alone. It seems that both the Euphoria and Blue Note are highly regarded. I think from all I've researched that the Euphoria can cop the Blue Note tone but I am not sure if the Blue Note has the gain of the Euphoria. The shootout above was runied because the tester didn't seem to get that the bass knob should start off and only be added to add a bit, not run at noon. He also didn't seem to care about the "open" setting.

So any further insight? They are pretty much the same price but there is a Euphoria in stock locally and I'd have to order a BN and wait for a week or two.

Thoughts?

CreamTele2

I tried the Blue Note and Dual Fusion at a local shop, left with the Dual Fusion. The reasons were more about the vintage gain side sparkle and compression than the modern (euphoria) smooth high gain sound on its own. I loved the routing and tone flexibility of the Dual Fusion. Honestly in my hands, with my amp at the time (Bugera V22), there wasn't much difference in the 2 pedals, other than the DF is a pedal tweaker's delight.

OverDrivenGtr

Resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. I have a gift certificate. I can buy one decent pedal. I have already started a Blue Note vs Archer thread so I'll leave that alone. It seems that both the Euphoria and Blue Note are highly regarded. I think from all I've researched that the Euphoria can cop the Blue Note tone but I am not sure if the Blue Note has the gain of the Euphoria. The shootout above was runied because the tester didn't seem to get that the bass knob should start off and only be added to add a bit, not run at noon. He also didn't seem to care about the "open" setting.

So any further insight? They are pretty much the same price but there is a Euphoria in stock locally and I'd have to order a BN and wait for a week or two.

Thoughts?
I think the Blue Note is a better OD than the Euphoria, but that's because the BN just does what I want and need it to. It's the perfect pedal for blues. It doesn't have the gain that the Euphoria has, so if you're looking for a heavier rock sound, I don't think the BN will reach it gain-wise. It has just enough gain even with the hot switch on to cover crunchy blues. But you must consider that I am playing with single coil pickups. I have not had a chance to try out the BN with humbuckers yet to see if it can cop a rock rhythm sound.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I own the BN and have not tried the Euphoria but I can tell from that video that the BN sounds better.

richpjr

Don't let the wait time persuade you one way or another - get the pedal that sounds best!

I liked the Euphoria, but loved the Blue Note so I picked one up.

Trending Topics