• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BEWARE - COUNTERFEIT TWO-ROCK AMPS AND FRAUDULENT COMPETITOR COMPARISON VIDEOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making this post/thread to hopefully prevent someone from getting ripped off buying a counterfeit Two-Rock amp and/or get a false impression of Two-Rock products due to demo videos featuring fake Two-Rock amps.

I want to be clear that I am not against building replica amps/cloning. The definition of 'counterfeit' is 'made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud. In this case, the people/companies in question have intended to deceive the buying public and even sell the counterfeit Two-Rock amp.

Recently I've been on the search to buy a Two-Rock Mayer Signature amp. When I received close up pictures from one seller, I immediately noticed some weird things. Luckily, I've owned many Two-Rock amps in the past and happen know a few details that others might not notice right off the bat. A couple Two-Rock employees were very helpful in confirming 100% that it was a counterfeit amp.

This whole situation is made worst by the fact that this counterfeit Two-Rock Mayer Signature amp is featured in a comparison with a competitor's product. I've even seen comments on the Internet that people thought the competitor clone sounded better than the Mayer Sig; well it turns out the Mayer Sig in the video was a fake clone.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to name the folks/companies involved so I'll leave that out for now. I just wanted people to be aware.

Last edited:

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
Recently I've been on the search to buy a Two-Rock Mayer Signature amp. When I received close up pictures from one seller, I immediately noticed some weird things. Luckily, I've owned many Two-Rock amps in the past happen to know some details that some might not notice right off the bat. A couple Two-Rock employees were very helpful in confirming 100% that it was a counterfeit amp.

This whole situation is made worst by the fact that this counterfeit Two-Rock Mayer Signature amp is featured in a comparison with a competitor's product. I've even seen comments on the Internet that people thought the competitor clone sounded better than the Mayer Sig; well it turns out the Mayer Sig in the video was a fake clone. This also brings up the question whether the competitor's clone is a clone of a clone or if they built the clone.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to name the folks/companies involved so I'll leave that out for now. I just wanted people to be aware.
Invite Two Rock to out the fraud here and elsewhere.

I'm not in the market for an amp but if deemed appropriate this information should be shared. I'd hate to see players get burned by an unscrupulous forger.
I agree. I just don't know if it's appropriate, maybe a moderator will advise me. Keep in mind this affects the folks not only buying high end amps but folks buying lower cost replicas b/c they are also being mislead.

Invite Two Rock to out the fraud here and elsewhere.
Historically, Two-Rock employees have not come on here to engage in debates/conversations. When I have seen them on here, it's just to answer technical questions. I feel like TGP is a community and I hate to see bad people use this community to rip people off and take people's money unfairly.

Is it just that one model?
Yes, I only can confirm that there is at least 1 counterfeit Two-Rock Mayer Sig amp out there. I'm not sure if these people/companies have made others or sold others already.

Last edited:

grndmstr_c

You know, there was a fairly suspicious posting for a Two Rock Matt Schofield Sig on ebay a couple weeks back. Seller had misstated the new cost to be much lower than actual list and was very conspicuously trying to entice people into contacting him for a below-market-value off-ebay transaction. Wonder if that was related.

You know, there was a fairly suspicious posting for a Two Rock Matt Schofield Sig on ebay a couple weeks back. Seller had misstated the new cost to be much lower than actual list and was very conspicuously trying to entice people into contacting him for a below-market-value off-ebay transaction. Wonder if that was related.
Interesting, I couldn't find it on eBay, do you have a link?

In this case the seller was trying to get full price or even higher than fair market value and he knew for sure what he is selling is fake.

GasMask

I agree. I just don't know if it's appropriate, maybe a moderator will advise me. Keep in mind this affects the folks not only buying high end amps but folks buying lower cost replicas b/c they are also being mislead.
I hope you will give us the important details regarding this. Honestly presented facts are both within the guidelines of the forum, and extremely helpful to others.

It's a shame to see this type of dishonesty, but not really surprising- given some of the counterfeit instruments we've already seen for sale.

counterfeit? no, clearly clones. no where does he say they're 2 rocks.
Are you serious? In the video he clearly says it's a head to head shootout with a 'Two-Rock John Mayer Signature'. The title of the YouTube video says 'Two-Rock'

Also, he tried to sell it to me as a Two-Rock.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
counterfeit? no, clearly clones. no where does he say they're 2 rocks.

I think he is referring to the two rock in the video as being a counterfeit, not the AN McLaughlin sig. He is claiming that it is a clone dressed in a two rock box with two rock faceplate

Tone Meister

I'm gonna go on record and say that you're missing something here. I've dealt with Taylor, spoken with him on the phone, and own one of his amps. Never have I thought that he was misrepresenting anything he builds. He also builds speaker cabinets for several high end amp makers. I think I'd look into this a little deeper before it mushrooms into something unfortunate.

http://amplifiednation.com/

Hardly a crook, in my opinion.

BEWARE - THE ORIGINAL POST HAS AN AGENDA!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT TO ADD: June 30, 2015

Several earlier posts ahead of this one implicating Amplified Nation have since been deleted or heavily edited.

As of this edit, this thread winds for about 35 pages and nearly 750 posts, and it takes an awful long time to determine that Amplified Nation had nothing to do with building the fake Two Rock amp that was exposed by the original poster.

To further complicate matters, the original poster will not edit his original post to state that Amplified Nation has been cleared of any involvement with the fake build. Many folks here, myself included, believe the OP had at least some intent to harm Amplified Nation's business.

Last edited:

DRS

So, Amplified Nation builds his version of a TR Mayer and has a shoot-out against a fake TR Mayer?
OK, let's see some proof it's a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics