Beware of Halophaze #7...

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Halophaze #7 currently resides in Canada and seems to have a terrible time making it to the airport in time, bad bad Halophaze #7 is chrome and is probably staying up too late to take care of it's responsibility to visit me in Hawaii - BAD Halophaze #7!

If Halophaze #7 offers to visit you, be very careful about accepting a visit and paying for his airfare... he might go drinking with your money instead of gettting on the plane.

BAD Halophaze, Bad Halophaze...

;)

Panacea

Halophaze #7 currently resides in Canada and seems to have a terrible time making it to the airport in time, bad bad Halophaze #7 is chrome and is probably staying up too late to take care of it's responsibility to visit me in Hawaii - BAD Halophaze #7!

If Halophaze #7 offers to visit you, be very careful about accepting a visit and paying for his airfare... he might go drinking with your money instead of gettting on the plane.

BAD Halophaze, Bad Halophaze...

;)
:munch

dsl

Silver Supporting Member
From another Forum:

"I got on the wait list for a Halophaze at the end of January. I tried to pin Ed down on how long it would take and he replied that "patience is the best idea"."

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
From another Forum:

"I got on the wait list for a Halophaze at the end of January. I tried to pin Ed down on how long it would take and he replied that "patience is the best idea"."
I just got myself on the list, Ed gave me a best guess of two years. Unfortunately, Halophaze #7 continues to misbehave and it doesn't look like he is going to visit Hawaii, so I guess I'm on the 2 year plan after all...

cubistguitar

At his rates I somehow have a hard time believing he can't keep up with the orders poring in by the thousands. If you were getting a great deal on a difficult build, I would never open my trap. But I am skeptical, electronics assembly and testing is pretty basic stuff if you plan ahead. Looks like fun stuff, but the hell with all this wait forever for what?

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
At his rates I somehow have a hard time believing he can't keep up with the orders poring in by the thousands. If you were getting a great deal on a difficult build, I would never open my trap. But I am skeptical, electronics assembly and testing is pretty basic stuff if you plan ahead. Looks like fun stuff, but the hell with all this wait forever for what?
Whoooooaaaa! wait wait wait - Ed is in California - is INCREDIBLE as both a builder and human being - very very cool guy and has nothing to do with Bad Halophaze #7 - that left his shop in 2006.

I also own and Echoczar Angel Baby and if all this was so simple there would be dozens of other guys building them. It's okay to be skeptical, I was until I tried one, I'm not anymore. I've been through some of the so called "best" and, in the end, I am simply amazed by Ed's work and that's cool for me, but my needs are my needs so I understand when they are not the same for others.

Read between the lines on this thread and you might get a better idea of what this is all about... Trying to stay within forum rules... :horse

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Though he claims he wasnt frightened, turns out that halophaze number 7 decided to get on a plane after being notified that Canadian PD were ready to stop by and ask him why he wasn't leaving... I'll be sure to update when/if he actually arrives. That #7 is such a trickster!

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
After trying to figure out this mystery sober, I consulted an old friend I keep in a cabnet upstairs in a small zippered bag. After our discussion, I think I have figured out what's going on here:

(avoid him)

After trying to figure out this mystery sober, I consulted an old friend I keep in a cabnet upstairs in a small zippered bag. After our discussion, I think I have figured out what's going on here:

(avoid him)
I know this friend well, he wants to be vaporized all the time!

Best regards -T

Angle Loss

Let me guess...it is in Toronto...it was "already shipped but got returned" (same as happened to at least two other TGP members) and is keeping company with a former banned TGP member who is now operating under a new name? Did I hit the mark (no pun intended)?

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Let me guess...it is in Toronto...it was "already shipped but got returned" (same as happened to at least two other TGP members) and is keeping company with a former banned TGP member who is now operating under a new name? Did I hit the mark (no pun intended)?
Sounds about right - tell other members to contact me and I can help them to understand how halophaze #7 was finally convinced. Apparently he had two unsuccessful flights too - how odd...

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds about right - tell other members to contact me and I can help them to understand how halophaze #7 was finally convinced. Apparently he had two unsuccessful flights too - how odd... Very well hit on the mark o ... Sorry about that typo.

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Re: Ed: +1 on his stellar products and his customer service. Sometimes the parts he uses, which he's very particular about, are not available. I have a Halophaze, Echoczar & Angelbaby, and Dove and they were all worth the wait. And he gets no money until he's ready to deliver.

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Halophaze #007 update... guess who showed up on my doorstep all humble and ready to spin and swirl to the tap of my foot? Yep, Halophaze has finally come to Hawaii and it appears he plans on staying for while. He told me it wasn't his fault that he couldn't get on the plane, but rather a former friend wouldn't give him a ride to the post office... poor guy! Well, it's all better now and I've learned that I need to be a little more cautious about finding a responsible ride to the post office for my future pedal friends.

BTW, Halophaze is a very cool pedal and lots of fun to hang with. He's a complex little fellow and shares a lot of the same characteristics of my Echoczar, in that he is very much like a musical instrument that needs time to be learned.

Trending Topics