• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BF 8 PIN Tube Socket, which one to buy?

roadhog96

Can someone please direct me to which one to buy for a Fender Blackface amp. There are several to choose from. I want one as close to original as possible. Are the originals ceramic, plastic, bakelite, mounting screw hole width, etc. ? I've tried sereral venders with no luck yet.

jay42

Vintage specs are supposed to be a 1" diameter hole with a 1.5" mounting centers. Double check that since it doesn't ring true to me.

You'll probably want to order it from tubes and more. Click on Vaccum Tube Accessories --> Sockets --> 8-pin I like Micalex or Plastic over Ceramic.

roadhog96

Vintage specs are supposed to be a 1" diameter hole with a 1.5" mounting centers. Double check that since it doesn't ring true to me.

You'll probably want to order it from tubes and more. Click on Vaccum Tube Accessories --> Sockets --> 8-pin I like Micalex or Plastic over Ceramic.
Do know what the original sockets made of? I thought I had read somewhere that they were Bakelite but I would bet on it. And do you have a link to tubes and more? Thanks.

jay42

A lot of what looks like black plastic is phenolic. I think Bakelite is an brand name for a specific type of phenolic. Are you wanting to match what's in the amp exactly?

www.tubesandmore.com

roadhog96

A lot of what looks like black plastic is phenolic. I think Bakelite is an brand name for a specific type of phenolic. Are you wanting to match what's in the amp exactly?

www.tubesandmore.com
If I can match what's in the amp exactly that would be great. I would like to keep it as close to original as possible. The sockets in the amp are black with a metal collar around the base. It has two holes, I believe they measure 1 1/2" center of screws. I think I saw that name phenolic embossed on the AC receptical that is on the backside of the chassis, left hand side. There is so many types available that I'm confussed which one I need to replace the originals.

Trending Topics