• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

bf cleans in a pedal?

pdouds

Gold Supporting Member
Just curious if anybody knows of a good pedal to add some BF vibe to the clean side of a tube amp.I guess fender "chime" would be what i'm looking for.

dk123123dk

I dunno if it will work, but boss makes a fender based pedal. One on the tweed bassman and one on the bf deluxe reverb. I would give those a try. Might not be possible, depending on your amp though. Good luck.

dk

gitpicker

Gold Supporting Member
+1 for the Lovepedal Super 6.

I sold mine because my amp is a "65 Super Reverb and the pedal sounded just like my amp!

Jam119

+3 on the Barb EQ... You'll get a BF vibe with it's tone stack plus a tweed and Plexi thing with a flick of the switch - you can't go wrong...

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
cool, thanks. I'll have to try it out.
pd
Yeah, I forgot to mention to you that a buddy of mine has a mesa mark 2 that has a really harsh and peaky clean tone and with a boss eq pedal set to the classic V he was able to make it sound very close to a fender. The boss pedal works much better than the built-in eq of the mesa set to the same pattern...

pdouds

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, I forgot to mention to you that a buddy of mine has a mesa mark 2 that has a really harsh and peaky clean tone and with a boss eq pedal set to the classic V he was able to make it sound very close to a fender. The boss pedal works much better than the built-in eq of the mesa set to the same pattern...
wish i could get it to sound like your allen on the clean side LOL

steelplayer

Oh yea, the BarbEq is the one to look for. I was using it on with Carvin X amps to cop a Fender sound AND a Marshall voicing. Can't go wrong with it.

-LarryW

pdouds

Gold Supporting Member
cool, thanks a lot, guys. The barbeq will be on my board in a few weeks.

Top Bottom