• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BF Princeton Reverb with a Gold. Possible?

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
Any thoughts? Celestion now has 10" Gold available so I wouldn't have to modify the baffle.

Last edited:

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
I've seen people drop blues in raved about the upgrade so I figured why not take it step above, but I could see that the gold might be a little too refined for the blackface circuit

Guitar Dave T

So we're clear, "PR" means Princeton Reverb, and not Pro Reverb, right? If so, I think the Gold will be overkill for that amp. The speaker will probably never break in properly.

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
no one has ever thought to try this? is the blue the better option, and getting a new baffle to swap out

BudLite

Silver Supporting Member
I like the new baffle w/ a Cele G12H-30, However, I see they just went up 30.00, from 119.00 t0 149.00....gee Thanks Celestion

celestion101

Gold Supporting Member
I have not heard good things about the Celestion Gold 10-inch in various posts I've read in various forums, but I have not tried one.

Really? The first samples only went out to builders last week and I have all of the others. A 10" Gold has never been sold so I'm not sure what you're hearing, but I can assure you it's BS. Can Dan at 65 if you want a opinion.

mbratch

Really? The first samples only went out to builders last week and I have all of the others. A 10" Gold has never been sold so I'm not sure what you're hearing, but I can assure you it's BS. Can Dan at 65 if you want a opinion.
I had read it over in the FDP Forums. Perhaps they were beta versions of the speaker they were referring to? I deleted my post above since now I can't find the original posts I had read over there several weeks back. (The search function in that forum is not very good.)

celestion101

Gold Supporting Member
I had read it over in the FDP Forums. Perhaps they were beta versions of the speaker they were referring to?

Possibly...we sent the original 10" Gold samples last year whcih were a "first pass" version. I'm in AZ as I type and just met with Fender yesterday. They love the new ones.

mbratch

Possibly...we sent the original 10" Gold samples last year whcih were a "first pass" version. I'm in AZ as I type and just met with Fender yesterday. They love the new ones.
Yeah, that sounds consistent with what I had read. The people who commented said they were early versions of some kind.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Why would you need a new baffle? Why the Gold over the Blue. The 12" Blues are used all the time in amps that put out about 18 watts. The PR only puts out about 12 watts so the Blue should be more than enough. Do they not make a 10" blue?

notpetrucci

I called Ms. Cleo-

"Ya dar'leen. Da top tree speaka's in da Princedon gon be da Ton Tubby Aln'co teen, da JBL D110f, an da Celes'tian Gold Teen. Dat be da count bay'b.

Well, there it is folks. Alnico is all the rage this year.

Sorry Eminence...

-Jon

In Tune

Glad to hear that,,,So, when can us droolers possibly get these into our paws? Uh, cabs?:knitting

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
You can even drop a 1x12 baffle in a PR and get a Gold/Blue in there but I wouldn't...BF Fender amps and Blues/Golds simply don't mix for me...too much top end and not nearly "full" enough sounding...

Trending Topics